Chapter nine

Minho and Piper had taken a spot further away from the Gladers, laying in high grass as they were finally able to relax and make-out. His hands roamed over her upper body as he rested on his knees above of her. Her hands were roaming over his beck, occasionally holding his cheek to keep him in place. 

He pulled back as he rested on his knees and elbows. pushing a stand of her hair back behind her ear as she leaned up, leaning on her elbows. ''Gosh you're beautiful.'' He dipped back in as she chuckled into the kiss. His hands travelled under her shirt, leaving patterns on her stomach as he could feel her breathing become faster. 

''Minho! Piper!'' Minho groaned as he pulled back, hearing Newt's accent coming from nearby. ''Where are ya two hiding!?'' Minho pulled back, helping the girl up as Newt came into view. ''Ah, there you are, did I interrupt?'' 

''Yes, but you don't seem to care.'' The three of them walked down again, ending next to Frypan as they sat around the bonfire Newt and Frypan had started. ''Seems like you two had fun.'' Minho turned to him with a serious look. ''Yeah, we did, expect a baby in nine months.'' Frypan spit out the water he was drinking, coughing as Piper stared at Minho with wide eyes, quickly turning to Frypan, ''we did nothing of the sorts, ignore that.'' Meanwhile, Newt and Minho were laughing loudly, almost unable to breathe. 

Piper sat down, hiding her face in her hands as she listened to the two boys next to her wheezing. Thomas had joined them, frowning at the sight of Minho and Newt laughing and Piper's red face. 

''Hey Piper, can I ask you something?'' Thomas sat down next to her as she nodded frantically, writing ''yes please'' down on the notebook. ''Brenda told me about her brother, George. I saw his name crossed out of the Maze wall, I'm wondering if it's the same boy.'' She looked down as Minho and Newt became silent, Minho taking the first words. ''We should talk about this another time.'' Thomas frowned as he looked at them before Newt stared down. ''I wish Alby could've seen all this.''

''And Winston.'' Frypan added.

''Nick.'' Piper signed as she looked at the camp below. 

''And Chuck.'' Thomas spoke as Newt placed a hand on his shoulder. ''He'd be proud of you, you know, Tommy.'' Thomas nodded. ''Yeah.'' Frypan looked down, seeing Aris talk to Harriet and Sonya.

''Hey, Aris!'' The boy turned to them, waving at them with a smile. ''Hey, guys!''

''I kinda like that kid.''

''Yeah. I still don't trust him, though.'' Minho answered Frypan with a small smile, earning a shove from Piper as she shook her head while the others laughed. ''Hey, where's Teresa?'' Thomas questioned, noticing their fellow Glader wasn't with them. ''She went up there.'' Newt pointed behind them, looking at the cliff where Teresa's silhouette was visible. 

Piper watched Thomas walk up to the cliff, the girl smiling as she signed towards the others. ''He's smitten, ten bucks that they are going to make out.''

''I'll take that bet.'' Frypan answered, laughing with the girl as they turned their attention back to the other two boys with them. The four of them talked about the Glade, the people they'd lost, the people they missed. Even Gally came up in the conversation, even though it was quickly shut of by Minho, who seemed to sill feel guilty about killing the boy. 

The sound of a berg pulled their attention as the lights stood out in the dark evening. They all turned to one another, quickly getting up from their spot as the Berg started bomming the camp. The four of them rushed down the cliff where they were sitting, running over towards Vince and Harriet, avoiding the WICKED guards that were surrounding them. 

They hid behind several barrels, looking between the three. ''Where's Thomas!?'' 

''Harriet! Ammo!''