Chapter six

''Jorge, they're here.'' The girl let herself fall on the couch next to her as the man shushed her before turning his radio off, turning around to face the group of teenagers. ''Do you ever get the feeling the whole world's against you?'' Piper gave a soft nod as she pursed her lips together, yeah, basically every single day. ''Three questions. Where did you come from? Where are you going? How can I profit?'' The Gladers looked at each other, not knowing wherever to answer him. Most looked to Minho and Thomas ,the two of them being the leaders of the group. ''Don't all answer at once.''

''We're headed for the mountains.'' Thomas finally spoke, ''Looking for the Right Arm.'' People around them laughed as Piper caught the glance the girl with the pixie cut send towards Jorge. The blond frowned as the man continued. ''You're looking for ghosts, you mean.'' He took a sip of the, what seemed like, whiskey, he had poured himself. ''Question number two. Where did you come from?''

''That's our business.'' Piper wished the boy hadn't said that as Jorge looked at the boy for a long time as his face was blank of emotions. ''You didn't just say that to me, did you? Please tell me you didn't just speak to me like a dog. You have ten seconds to apologize'' Piper hit his arm as he just looked at the girl with a smirk. ''One,'' Jorge said. ''Two. Three. Four.'' She shot him a look of warning as she nodded at him before signing. ''Just do it.'' 

''Five. Six.''

''Do it,'' Thomas finally said aloud. 

''Seven. Eight.'' Jorge's voice was rising with each number. Piper looked around, seeing the people step closer, she was relieved that Minho spotted it too, any arrogance drained from his face.

"Nine."

"I'm sorry," Minho blurted out, with little feeling.

"I don't think you meant that," Jorge said. Then he kicked Minho in the leg. Piper's hands clenched into fists when Minho cried out in pain, closing her eyes as she turned her head away from her boyfriend. 

"Say it with meaning, hermano." Jorge pulled his leg back and kicked Minho again, twice as hard in the same spot. "Say it with meaning!" He screamed the last word with a harshness that sounded crazed. Minho wailed, grabbing the wound with both hands. "I'm ... sorry," he said between heavy breaths, his voice strained and full of pain. The man seemed pleased with the humiliation, until Piper had her back turned to him, helping Minho stand as she signed to him, asking if he was okay. 

She was suddenly pulled down by two men and all pain seemed to disappear from Minho's leg as he jumped one of the two, trying to get them of his girlfriend. ''Let go of her! Let go her!'' All Gladers were held back by two or three men, holding them away from Piper.

''Shut up you big baby.'' The girl spoke as she pushed the girl's hair back, looking at the tattoo imprinted on her neck. ''You were right.'' Jorge looked at her neck, tracing it as Minho yelled again. ''Don't touch her! Don't you dare touch her!'' The other Gladers were let go as Minho pulled Piper into his arms, softly leaning his weight on his good leg. 

''I'm sorry Hermano. Looks like you're tagged.'' Jorge pointed at them. ''You came from WICKED. Which means ... you're very. Valuable.'' 

''Good plan, Thomas. Just hear what the man has to say. Really working out for us.'' The Gladers were stung up by their feet over a large pit, Piper trying to keep herself from vomiting as she looked down. 

''Shut up, Minho. You're the one who challenged him''

''Piper, you good?'' She shook her head as Newt spoke, ''What's wrong?'' She signed as clearly as she could. ''You're afraid of heights?'' She nodded as she looked down, only to jerk her head back as she almost threw up because of the sight.