Chapter five

They had regrouped back at Lawrence place as Thomas shook his head. ''No. There's gotta be another way.''

''Like what? You've seen the building. She is our only way in.''

''You really think she's gonna help us?'' Thomas asked as Gally scoffed at him. ''I don't plan on asking for her permission.''

''Am I missing something here? This is the same girl who betrayed us, correct? Same dick?'' Brenda asked as she leaned her head on her hand.

''I like her.'' Gally put his thumb into her direction and Piper nodded. 

''What's going on?'' Brenda asked as Newt lifted his head. ''What, are you afraid your little girlfriend's gonna get hurt? '' When he didn't get a reaction, he turned to Thomas. ''Hmm? Because this has obviously never been just about rescuing Minho. Has it?''

''Wait, what are you talking about?''

''Teresa.'' He stated as he turned to Piper and pointing at her. ''She's the only reason that Piper and Minho got taken in the first place.'' He lowered his hand as he walked closer to Thomas. ''Now we finally have an opportunity to get him back. And what? You don't want to because of her?'' He had backed Thomas up against a wall as he came in his face. ''Because deep down inside you still care about her, don't you? Just admit it.''

''Newt, I...'' Newt shoved him against the wall, holding him in place as Piper walked up to them. 

''Don't lie to me! Don't lie to me!'' She pulled him back as he realized what he was doing. ''Sorry.'' He than turned to the rest as Piper stared at him. ''I'm sorry.'' He walked out of the room as Piper nodded at Thomas to follow him, mouthing a ''go.'' before she turned to the others. 

Piper held Newt close to her when he had told her he was infected with the Flare. She held him closely, whispering the word 'no' over and over again. ''Hey, hey, look at me. We're going to get Minho back okay?''

''This isn't about Minho, Newt!'' She pulled back as tears welled in her eyes. ''This is about potentially losing my best friend.'' She looked at him as she swallowed past the lump. ''I already almost lost you once, huh, remember that?'' 

''Of course I bloody remember.'' 

''Than how do you expect me to just leave this be?'' She shook her head at him as she looked down. ''I am not letting you die, do you hear me? We are going to get that serum, just like we did with Brenda.'' 

''Piper-''

''No! This is not up for discussion!'' She looked at him with an angry look. ''You're not giving up, do you hear me? You're not.'' 

The plan to get Teresa was in action, Thomas had gone back into the city with Gally to kidnap the girl while the others were waiting for them back at Lawrence's place. Piper's leg was currently getting stitched up as she groaned in pain, one hand holding Frypan's as she squeezed it as hard as she could, trying to distract herself fro the pain. Meanwhile, Brenda was shining light on her leg as a medic was working on it. ''You're doing great Blondie, almost there.'' The medic pulled on the last stitch as he nodded. ''Okay, done.'' Piper sighed in relief as she let go of Frypan's hand, who was furiously shaking it. ''Geez you hold some power, she-bean.'' 

Her eyes found his as she chuckled, remembering the nickname he had for her in the Glade. ''You should be able to get them out in about two to three weeks, just keep a close eye on it.'' She nodded as Jorge thanked the medic while Newt came running in. ''They're back.''