Chapter two

Newt stared at the girl as he pulled her into a hug, letting the girl rest her head in his shoulder as Thomas reached back, rubbing her back in comfort as Frypan gave a ''I'm sorry that happened Piper.''

She sniffed as she pulled back. ''That's not even the worst they did to us.'' She rubbed her nose as she turned towards them. ''They sometimes had us watch each other being in the simulation, I screamed at them to stop, to just put me in.'' She shook her head as she waved the tears from her eyes. ''They just put me in with him or continue.'' She glanced at Thomas before speaking again. ''Teresa put us in one once. Minho decked her for putting me in there.'' Newt gave a soft chuckle as Thomas turned away again.

''You want us to go in there?'' Piper scoffed as she looked at the tunnel in front of them. ''I don't wanna come across as too negative, but if I was a Crank, that's exactly where I would be.'' Newt spoke as Piper nodded along.

''Well, we can't go over it, we can't go under it, so we'll have to go through it.'' Thomas nodded at her words as he agreed. ''I don't think we have much of a choice.'' The other boys looked at them before turning back to the tunnel.

''All right. I get shotgun.'' Piper turned to Newt with a frown as she sighed. ''Yeah, cause being in shotgun will save you from Cranks.'' She walked back to the car, throwing it open as she slid in, putting her seat belt on as Thomas frowned at her. ''What?'' He shrugged as he turned away from her. ''You didn't strike me as a person to put on a seat belt.''

''Well, when we're heading into a dark, scary tunnel, yeah.'' The boys all looked at her before each putting on their seat belt on the same time. Frypan than took the wheel as they went into the dark tunnel.

''Well, here we go.''

''Don't say it like we're going to die.'' Newt just ignored her as he agreed with Frypan. ''Yeah, just take it nice and slow.'' She looked at Thomas who sat next to her, looking out of his window. ''Whoa, whoa, whoa!'' Frypan slammed the brakes as they looked at a Crank right in front of them. ''It's okay. It's just one,'' Piper turned to Thomas with a wide-eyed face. ''so take it slow, go around him. We'll be fine.''

''Newt, please close that window. Now.'' Piper answered as Newt pulled his arm with the flashlight back inside. ''Take it slow. Take it slow.'' Thomas leaned back as Piper shrieked, looking at a woman in front of his window. ''Please. Please.'' She rattled the door as Piper scooted back in her seat. ''Help me. Please.'' She yelled as a loud bang came from her side, looking at a Crank who also tried to get in. ''Fry, we gotta go!'' She yelled as she scooted closer to the middle seat, not taking her eyes of the Cranks in front of the window.

More surrounded them, now too banging on Newt's and Frypan's window. ''Fry go!'' Piper yelled at him as Thomas agreed. ''Floor it Fry!''

 ''Floor it Fry!''

''Hold on!''

''Floor it! Come on!'' Most were shaken of by the car quickly leaving, but one Crank managed to get onto the hood, slamming his fist on the window and almost breaking it. ''Fry, shake him!''