Chapter three

The group was trying to push through the crowd of people who were trying to get into the last city, all pushing, shoving and yelling towards the giant walls. 

''This place has really gone through hell.''

''We just gotta stay together.'' Thomas looked at the others behind him as they packed closer together, Newt and Frypan each looking at Piper as she hooked her arms with theirs. ''We are the voice of the voiceless!'' Their heads turned to a voice coming from a megaphone, a man on a car behind it, driving through the crowd. ''They hide behind their walls, thinking they can keep the cure for themselves, while they watch the rest of us wither and rot!'' 

''Is it just me, or is that one looking at us funny?'' Piper nodded at one of the men behind the masks, holding a gun up as he drove past them, seemingly looking at them. ''But there are more of us than there are of them. And I say, we rise up and take back what is ours! Let's bring back a victory!''

Her head turned to the Berg flying above them. ''Come on, keep going.'' Thomas led the way as the others followed into the deep crowd. ''That's it! That's our way in!'' Thomas began to walk in a faster pace as Piper linked her arm with Newt's. ''He can see that none of these people are getting in, right?'' 

''I don't think he cares.'' 

The people around them were screaming at the walls, some even having signs above their heads as they stood in front of it. ''Thomas! This is not what you're looking for. All these people trying to find their way in, you think you're gonna find something they can't?''

''Thank you!'' Piper screamed from above the crowd. ''Came this far. I'm not turning back now.'' Piper stared at the boy as Frypan turned to her. ''What the hell did we get ourselves into?''

''Nothing good.'' Thomas had pushed himself forward, standing directly in front of the wall as Piper walked next to Newt, her arm linked in his as he turned around, looking at another masked man. ''Pipes, are you seeing this?''

''Yup, keep walking.'' She pulled him with her as they walked, trying to avoid the man behind them. ''We are getting surrounded.'' They finally caught up with Thomas, Newt pulling on his arm. ''Hey, guys, we gotta go now. Look.'' He turned to the men surrounding them, ready to run when a loud siren went off, big guns loading up to shoot at them. ''Guys, we gotta go!'' Frypan yelled as well. ''Thomas, let's go!'' 

The guns went off, firing at them as the group started running. Piper ran next to Newt, slowing her pace to make sure she wouldn't lose him in the crowd. She ran next to them as they slammed into two masked men, grunting in pain as one grabbed her, holding her as she was dragged to a van. ''Newt!'' He followed soon after, getting thrown in next to her as she pulled him into the back. 

''You okay?'' 

''Yeah, you?'' 

''Yeah.'' She rubbed over the spot on her leg, wincing in pain as she quickly pulled back. ''That doesn't look too good.'' A man in a mask spoke as he looked at them, ''we'll get that cleaned up after.'' Piper frowned at him as she backed away from the man, trying to make herself as small as possible when the van stopped. Hearing the commotion outside, she was pushed out of the van, a man quickly pulling her to the side as he searched her and Newt. Seeing Jorge on the floor, holding one of the man as Brenda yelled out. ''I'm right here! I'm right here!'' 

''Everybody relax. We're all on the same side here.''

''That voice...'' Piper looked at the man as she tried to remember where she knew that voice from. ''What do you mean same side? Who the hell are you?'' The man looked at them before throwing his mask of, relieving the former Keeper of the Builders. ''Hey, Greenie.''