52)The Truth!

Thora received another call from John, she wiped her tears and picked it up with a heavy heart and worried mind.
"Boss... The hearing is going to start in 10minutes, Zuriel madam isn't here too"
John stated.

"Okay, keep updating me John."
She said on her phone.

"Are you not coming with the evidence?" John asked in a nervous tone.

"No..." She hung up.

She looked at Clara with her teary eyes, "drive to the hospital."

--FLASHBACK--

"Promise?" Daisy asked while Zuriel chuckled and intertwined her little finger to Daisy's.

"Promise!" Both of them let go of their hands.

"It is Agostino Carlo... Who raped and killed my sister. It's him! And he was my boyfriend.
When we were in a relationship I didn't know that he is a mafia, I loved him more than myself, and I blindly trusted him but he is a cheater, he use to abuse my sister secretly when I found out, he lied to me. That night... I never knew that night would be the beginning of the hellfire, we planned to meet each other and to solve the misunderstanding as I have to go early to the restaurant I told my best friend Zayn to pick up my sister from school and drop her in the house. When I met Agostino, he somehow convinced me and emotionally block-mailed me. I had no option but to believe him once again. I also had a dinner meeting with my colleagues, so I have to stay up late. After Zayn dropped Isabella in the house, he rushed to join the dinner. That night Zayn was with us. Everything was fine but my sister had some evidence against Agostino in which Agostino was involved in human trafficking. When Agostino knows this, he threatened Isabella, saying that he has my nudes and he will expose my nudes in the internet. Even though Isabella was just 16 years old, she was too mature for her age. She created fake evidence and locked the real evidence with a letter. With that fake evidence, she went to meet Agostino and he took the evidence and did things to her... The real proof is still in the locker which is behind a picture of me and Isabella in the main hall. Agostino somehow knew that I know everything that he did, so he threatened to kill me and he blackmailed me.
That night when I met Thora's sister for the first time I wanted to tell the truth but Agostino threatened me so I couldn't tell the truth and that's why I lied that Zayn is the criminal."
Daisy said everything that she knew and Zuriel gulped, looking at her with teary eyes as she was also the sufferer and a victim in this case.

"Thanks for at least letting me know now, stay here. I will be back." Zuriel stood up while picking her phone up.

"Where are you going? I don't want to be alone, please." Daisy refused to let her go and held her hand to stop her.

"Be calm and relax, okay I'm just going to look for Jacob, I will be right back, Don't be afraid." Zuriel parted her hand before leaving.

She rushed upstairs and searched for Jacob in the cabinet but he wasn't there. A nurse was passing by, Zuriel blocked her way and asked her,"Can you tell me where is Dr. Stephen?"

"He is in an emergency operation, sorry to say that outsiders are not allowed in there." The nurse informed her before carrying out her work.

She paced to Daisy's room and mumbled, "Fuck".

"Oh hi, what a coincidence?" Agostino chuckled looking at Zuriel and he pointed the gun at Daisy's forehead.

"Fucking Agostino."
Without wasting a minute, Zuriel hit Agostino with the heel of her boots making him stumble backward but he still managed to shoot her arm, not bothering about the injury she continued to fight but Agostino kicked her in the stomach, she fall holding the painful area. She stood up when she saw him trying to attack Daisy before he could shoot her Zuriel hugged Daisy.

"Die bitch." Agostino mumbled while shooting her thrice.
He had his silencer on his gun which didn't make any noise.
After seeing this incident, Daisy was too horrified so she passed out. Zuriel fell to the cold floor as blood started oozing out of her gunshot wound, her dress was drenched with her blood.

Agostino once again aimed to shoot Daisy but when he did, Zuriel grabbed a dagger from her angle band and stabbed his foot.
Before he could react, she threw another dagger at his neck area.

"This bitch... Ahh..." He groand
before running away.

As Zuriel was losing too much blood, her eyes started to close off, even in this vulnerable state she crawled near the table and picked up her phone call.
She dialed to call Thora while leaning on the wall.
"Pick up... Pick up please."
Zuriel whispered before taking a glance at Daisy who was passed out. Even though she tried to call Thora she was constantly rejecting her call.

Zuriel's face was swollen and reddish due to crying. A sigh of relief was let out by her when Thora finally picked up the call.
"Thora, the real criminal is Agostino..."

--FLASHBACK ENDED--

Thora ran to Daisy's room as soon as she reached the hospital.
Her eyes dilated when she saw Zuriel, her body was in a pool of her blood, her clothes drenched.
She looked around and found none. Clara crouched down and checked the neck area of Zuriel's shirt. Thora looked at her worried while she nodded making Thora sigh.

Lauren and some other nurses rushed into the room with Daisy.
"Nurse, take Daisy to another room. Even though she is alright she still needs rest."
A nurse nodded while Daisy looked at Lauren as even in this situation, Lauren made sure that she was safe and secure.

"Take care, I have to save Zuriel."
That was the last sentence Lauren said then he started to make things ready for his surgery of Zuriel. He squatted down near Zuriel and checked her pulse.
"Thora, we are going to perform the surgery, Please stay outside."
Thora nodded, wiping her tears.
Jacob ran to see Zuriel but the nurses closed the door.

Jacob fisted his hands and pushed the door but it was locked. "How did this happen? She told me to be safe but she failed to be safe?"Jacob cried out. Thora saw him with teary eyes, she was helpless in that situation. She went near him and rubbed his back to soothe him.

"She won't die, right? Thora, please tell me, tell me that she won't leave me. What do I do without her?" Jacob knelt and buried his face in his face, starting to cry even more.
Thora felt hopeless and hurtful yet she can't do anything about the situation.

"Thora..." Clara called her while Thora looked up at her.

"John is online." She handed her the phone while Thora wiped her tears and received it.

"Boss... Zayn is..." John was stuttering to say the news.

"What Zayn? Is he alight?" Thora asked with a serious face and full attention.

"Zayn is in a coma, so the case has been postponed."
Thora closed her eyes as John's words ripped her heart apart.