Untitled Part 22

hey guys. its been a looooong time and i know you have every right to hate me, but what can i say? school has been extra tough and homework is never ending.

please forgive me for the long wait and i promise i will continue this story.

also i just realized how badly written my chapters are. i am going to edit them and each edited chapter will have a (***) in front of the title. read them if you want

heres the chapter

this chapter is badly written and very short. however this will be edited very soon. i am very sorry for the lateness and shortness of the chapter.

Annabelles pov

"we need to get out of here" I said to Markus who was still holding me protectively in his arms. I felt him nod against my head. Quickly, we got up. the sudden movement made me dizzy, and if Markus hadn't been holding me, I would have fallen down. Everything was taking a troll on me and I had turned to the serious Annabelle that I had promise I will not be.

He held out a stone. I had no idea what it was but it looked beautiful.

"this will take us home" he smiled

He took my hands in his and kept them around his and covered the stone with our hands.

Before I knew it, I was standing in front of my house.

"go your family is worrying about you." Markus said softly.

"will you come later?" I asked he nodded and I walked inside.

"YOU BETTER HAVE A GOOD EXPLANATION OR SO HELP ME GOD THIS WILL BE YOUR LAST DAY ON EARTH"

I guess that was my mom.

Mom, dad and Andy were right there infront of me, furious. But as soon as they saw how bad my face was bruised and the way iwas in, their eyes turned soft and concerned.

After this it was blur of first aid kits and questions. Thankfully mom stopped andy and dad from bombarding me and sent me upstairs to rest.

As soon as I touched my bed, I was asleep.

Mornings are the most annoying things ever. I never liked them, and this particular morning, I just wanted to go back to sleep. But It wasn't possible, because the pain in my cheek was nagging and well.. painful

"take this, it will help." It was Markus's voice. Smiling I accepted it and pulled markus with me on the bed.

"go to sleep" he whispered and that's exactly what did.

The next time I woke up, it was evening.

"hey sweetheart" mom whispered as she came in

"will you tell me what happened sweety?" she asked softly.

"ofcourse mommy" I said

"I was with Markus and he got into a fight and I intervened and was punched."I lied.

"tell me when you are ready" mom said. I was shocked. How did she know?

"you have injuries on your hands sweetheart" she whispered.  Oh!

"am I adopted?" I blustered out but quickly covered my mouth. Shit!

Moms eyes were shocked. "am i?"i whispered. I had to know.

"its best if we have this discussion later on" she said and got up to leave. I got my answer though. I cant believe it! I am adopted. But how? I can't be!

Slowly, the waterworks started. I coudnt hold it anymore.

"what happened? Are you hurt? Are you okay?" Markus's fantic voice reached my ears,  causing my sobs to increase.

Without another word he took me in his arms and that's how my night was spent. In his arms