10. Blessings

Listen, I may be the dea of werewolves, or whatever the fuck Derek called me but I still need time to forget about that shit. After Scott explained to me what happened to Derek and his family I began to reminisce about my own life and I just can't do that.

I mean even Batman had to take a day off at some point right?

I need my sense of reality back, so that's why I am spending my day with my two OG's.

Lydia and Jackson.

"Listen you psycho! I'm not watching your love fest!" I groaned to Lydia while Jackson nodded along with me in agreement.

"We are not watching Hoosiers or Space Jam," she shakes her head, refusing to give up," besides aren't you a little too old for cartoons Imelda?"

I gasp," say anything negative about Space Jam Lydia and I swear to god I'll call you a red head."

"Come on Lydia, I promise you'll like-" Jackson tries persuading his girlfriend, unfortunately she's not in the mood.

"Nope," she cuts him off.

"WE ARE NOT WATCHING THE NOTEBOOK!" Both Jackson and I yell in unison which kind of makes me giggle at the intensity of the volume in the tiny little Porsche.

She simply gives us both the death glare and gestures for Jackson to get in the video store. Like the good little boyfriend he is, Jackson simply slumps his shoulders in defeat and starts getting out of the car.

"Oh fuck this," I grumble," I'm getting The Hangover."

Lydia gasps but I merely jump out before she can grab at me with her manicured claws... excuse me nails.

"You know I was going to get the Hangover either way right?" Jackson mumbles," you didn't need to come check on me."

I snort and roll my eyes," I didn't get out to shop at this bootleg blockbuster for nothing. My legs were dying in there."

He rolls his eyes and sticks his hands into his pockets as we walk towards the front door where he holds it open for me," then we should have brought Andre with us dumbass."

I smack his head playfully," no, because then you would have nagged about not driving and sitting in the backseat. By the way, you're never driving my car FYI."

He rolls his eyes in response and mumbles under his breath," some day."

I shake my head, snickering at him before searching around and then meeting Jacksons confused stare. It was dead quiet and no one in sight, not even another customer.

"Where is everyone," I say to him, slowly taking a step closer towards him just as Jackson grabs at my wrist.

He furrows his eyebrows and says louder," is anyone here! Can someone help us find the Hangover?"

When no one answers we shrug shoulders at each other and then slowly begin walking, watching every aisle.

"What?" I mumble when he suddenly tugs at my arm and I look over where his gaze looms. They are barely visible, but, a pair of simple leather shoes peek out from one of the aisles ahead of us. Jacksons heart begins to climb like mine and his breathing shakes as we slowly step forward. I grip onto his fingers harder, knowing exactly what will happen in the next moments.

Even though I knew exactly what would be waiting for us my blood goes cold at the site of the employee with his throat ripped out.

Jackson sucks in a deep breath and moves father away from it in shock, he bumps into something behind him the same moment I whip my head in his direction. The latter he had bumped into goes crashing downwards and we are hit with a rain of glass as Jackson stumbles and takes me down with him.