23. Fire Squad

"You," Peter points to me, loosening the death grip he currently holds on my throat and finally releasing me only to have Stiles snatch me up the moment he has let go," you're going to be my secret agent."

"What?" I say in disbelief, trying so very hard not to look downwards towards Lydia.

Stiles grips me tighter in his arms, covering my bare shoulders and arms from the cold night air although I didn't feel it at all.

"Go out there," he says," and act like the normal teenage girl who just saw her best friend mangled and then thrown onto the field. Be the scared little human I know you can be."

"I'm not leaving them with you," I growl out.

"Yes you are," he says, cunningly," you are going to do exactly what I said or else I'm going to take you; kill her, Stiles, Jackson, Scott, the Argents, and Derek."

"Go," Stiles says, although his grip tightens as if he doesn't want me leaving," go, I promise I won't let him hurt her."

My hands start to shake, my legs not wanting to stretch out and move so Peter lifts me upwards, placing his hand underneath my chin he says," go and remember you are a clueless teenage girl. Follow everything they ask you to do."

I nod, tears pouring down my face when I turn to hug Stiles one last time and mumble," don't trust him."

Stiles nods and grips me tighter once more in his arms before he lets go then I cast one last glance down at Lydia who I'm hoping will be okay. I begin to walk off in the direction I originally came from when Peter grabs me and turns me the opposite direction.

"No," he says, shoving me down towards where all the buses are," go that way and remember Imelda you're a regular girl so run."

So that's exactly what I do, I run until my feet no longer struggle against the grass and dirt but now stomp against the blacktop. I see cars, and lots of men. Hunters they are hunters I can tell.

I suck in a huge breath and scream out," help! Help! Somebody please help me!"

Chris Argent is the first one to catch me, he looks shocked like I was the last thing he expected.

His grip on my arms is firm," Imelda, what's happened! What happened!"

I gasp, catching my breath as sobs begin to take through me and finally the gates have opened the pain and fear of Peter and seeing Lydia on the ground finally breaks to me. I just look a mess, there's grass and twigs in my hair, the entirety of my dress is smeared in blood and dirt, and my face is probably swollen form the crying. It benefits me in a way cause I can tell he believes me as he looks over towards some the other hunters and motions towards the way I came.

"Dad?" A small voice says and I instantly recognize it as Allison," Imelda? What's happening?"

"Imelda," Chris says trying to get my attention before I lost the ability to even speak," what's happening?"

"Something no, someone has attacked Lydia... she's bleeding, there's so much blood... she's on the field," I continue to mumble and shake," someone's ripped her apart there's blood all over her. I had to go get help... please tell me you can help!"

Chris looks back at Allison before placing his arm over my shoulders and walking me towards the nearest car which seems to be a big black Tahoe.

"Imelda I need you to get in the car right now," he says, letting Allison go in first.

"What's going on," I say shakily," who hurt Lydia? Please tell me you're going to help her."

Chris goes quiet, shrugging off his jacket and placing it over my shoulders before helping me into the car and speaking," we will explain it all later. For right now trust that we are helping you, it's not safe for either of your right now."