19. Poetic Justice

"I thought you said veggie pizza wasn't good?" I questioned Stiles as we went up the stairs, plates of pizza on both our hands.

He shrugs his shoulders from in front of me," what can I say... pizza is pizza."

I giggle and wave at the Sheriff as he passes us," have a good day sheriff."

He smiles and nods in my direction, going back to talking on the phone.

"So..." I say as we walk into his room," what are we going to do with Danny?"

Stiles goes directly to at his desktop computer while I stand behind him, leaning against the back of the chair

He shrugs his shoulders in the same moment his dad calls out to him," STILES!"

We both turn in the same moment, Derek stands behind the wooden door of his room, signaling for both of us to stay quiet. Stiles gets up, going towards the door while I roll my eyes at Derek and take the now unoccupied spot.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I mumble under my breath for Derek to hear while Stiles talks with his father.

He points towards Stiles, who's trying his hardest not too look suspicious for his dad. I blow out hot air and simply lean further back into the chair, curious to see why Derek is actually here.

They talk for another couple moments before the sheriff looks over Stiles head to say," goodbye Imelda! See you at the game!"

I smile and wave at him," see you there!"

He walks down the stairs as Stiles sighs in relief and walks back inside only to get slammed against the door by Derek. This guy has a habit of doing that.

"If you say one word..." Derek tries threatening him.

He's cut off by Stiles who says back," you mean like Derek Hales in my room! Bring your gun!"

I stand and go over towards both of them," he's right Derek. There's no need for your mysterious reveals. This isn't a magic show."

Derek glances at me, annoyance clear in his eyes before looking back at Stiles who speaks," yeah that's right. If I'm harboring your fugitive ass it's my house, my rules buddy."

He makes it worse by slapping Derek cockily in the arm. I silently groan, ready to stop Derek from murdering my best friend before he calmly nods and let's go of Stiles, doing that manly thing where he pulls on his flannel. Stiles thinking he's won does it right back, a smug little smile on his mouth before he tries walking back to the computer.

Derek stares him down, flinching forward just as stiles passes causing him to jump in fright," oh my god."

I laugh silently, bring my lip to stop from fully out screeching out. Derek looks over at me with a proud smile.

"So is Scott gonna get the necklace?" Ask Derek when both Stiles and I are seated, me laying on his bed, legs up in the air.

"Nope," I say shaking my head," he's still trying but there is something else we can try."

"Yeah," Stiles says finishing the last of what I didn't know," the night we were trapped at the school Scott sent a text to Allison asking her to meet him there."

"So?"

"So it wasn't Scott," Stiles clarifies, the pieces clicking together in my head.

"Well an you find out who sent it?"

"No, not me," Stiles says, grabbing his cell phone," but I think I know someone who can."

I smirk," Danny boy."