11. Think About Us?

The vibe is Think About Us by Little Mix!! This is my fave chapter so far

"Can you feel my body now? Do you think about us?" - Think About Us, Little Mix

"Ambs!" Daniel's voice calls my name from the kitchen. It's only the other side of the room but there's a small sea of people between us and music playing at a fairly loud level on the speaker so I understand why he shouted the way he did. When I look to him he raises his hand beckoning me over to where he is with a simple wave. Michelle sends me a small smile that reads 'go' as I pass Lara the car we've been playing with for the last ten minutes. It was the first thing she grabbed out of the box of toys Daniel has here for her and her brother.

No surprise that she says she wants to be a race car driver when she's older, just like her Uncle Dan.

I shuffle through a couple of people to meet Daniel in the kitchen. There's plates of food laid out which a few people are picking at but mostly there's a lot of chatting and laughing. "You alright?" He asks and I nod with a smile. "I got you a drink. I didn't think you'd be wanting to babysit all night." Daniel says, his hand curling around the small of my back as a few people shuffle past us. Even after they pass his touch lingers there. I'd be lying if I said I don't lean into it a little.

"No, I don't mind - they're adorable." I say with a shake of my head, reaching for the large glass of red wine in his hands. I immediately take a sip, the alcohol once again not too heavy - just the way I like it.

Daniel's arm stays on me as various people come up to chat with him. I find his touch so distracting I struggle to introduce myself to the new faces, not that I have to. Daniel makes sure everyone knows who I am and I'm clearly introduced to each person here who greets me with big smiles. There's friends and family chatting in every direction I look, each person more than happy to let me in on their conversations. I still must seem like no conversation, too distracted by Daniel's hands on me.

Daniel goes to start the 'barbie', something which is still makes me smirk each time someone says it. I'm still not convinced by the word.

He leaves me with Michael who's more than happy to have another opportunity to wind up Daniel and possibly embarrass him. Dan knows it too, his eyes keep skipping over in our direction. We've moved from the kitchen to the less chaotic outside, sat under the porch of the ranch on a big cushioned seat. It's very comfy, if a little chill. I was happy when Michelle's husband appeared with a blanket for me to wrap myself in.

"So, have you heard anymore about me?" I ask Michael, my tone joking based on our first conversation. Most of our conversations since then have featured similar words. We share gossip we've heard about each other from Daniel. I tell Michael about the times Daniel cheats on his meal plan or complains about how hard he works him. He tells me about how needy Daniel's been through the day.

It drives Daniel insane!

It's funny to watch his face get all tense since he's usually so laid back.

Michael chuckles at the question, taking a swig from his bottle of beer. "He never fucking shuts up about you." His words are scoffed, as if it's obvious, I can only laugh. "I think you have a new best friend." He muses the teasing tone in his voice makes me laugh. It is a little insane how close I feel we've gotten in the space of only a few days.

"I don't think Lilly will be happy about that." I hum, she would be livid. She's already text me twice today saying how much she misses me as the awkward time zone here is making communication with everyone at home so difficult. Michael agrees. He's here most days training with Daniel with things they have around the farm. I've joined with two of their training sessions but they almost killed me, my fitness level nowhere near that of Daniels. I lasted twenty minutes with the first workout, fifteen with the second.