49. Bad Idea

Apologies from the wait, I was recovering from the worst cold & then had a crisis about the story ending. Either way, I'm back!

Mature content in 2nd half of the chapter, so beware or enjoy 🤷🏼‍♀️x

Call It What You Want - Taylor Swift
Touch Me - Victoria Monet (maybe Dive is more appropriate idk [iykyk])

"Can I ask you something?" I hum against Daniel's shoulder. The private plane shared with Pierre took off from Amsterdam around half an hour ago. We have just over an hour until we arrive at our destination - Bergamo, Milan. Pierre was heading to his apartment along with his trainer Pyry in the heart of the city. We weren't exactly staying in the busy city with him, but our destination is on the way, so it only made sense that we travelled together. Pierre is slouched snoring quietly along with his trainer two rows infront of us.

Daniel and I have decided not to talk about the race in Zandvoort today, it's an unspoken agreement. It wasn't worth talking about with him being stuck down in P17. Daniel was frustrated by it, he'd spent about 40 minutes after the race venting his frustrations to Michael before leaving the track, hand linked with mine. He tried, it's happened, now we move on from it. All things considering, his mood wasn't too low about it. He's just tired, and rightly so. Race days are so long.

Lando achieved a better result, sticking with his latest favourite track position of seventh. It was good to be able to hug and congratulate him after the race once again. He'd even purposefully grabbed me whilst still in his sweaty race suit and pulled me to his side as I fought my way out of his grip faking (although not entirely) a gag through a grin. It's safe to say that things have very quickly and easily slipped into how they used to be after our conversation on Thursday evening. It's good. It's normal.

We spent the whole night after the conversation watching Netflix, or rather Netflix playing in the background as we talked and caught eachother up on life. Me with my new job starting in the new year, him with his new hobbies and summer trips. On Friday, after hearing how much fun Adam and Jon had at Daniel's game night, he forced him to host another. This time with the two of us joining in on the fun as the most competitive game of Uno on earth ensued.

Note to self - never play Uno with professional athletes ever again. It ended up in a fight between Lando and Carlos who were both adamant the other had cheated and they were the rightful winner.

It still hasn't been settled as to who actually won. Last I heard Daniel was offering them both £50 to call it a draw.

However, the more dangerous time was last night. Carla, here for the weekend with George, decided that she wanted to go out and enjoy the fun life of Zandvoort, with the limited options here we ended up staying around the track. Carla somehow sourced a bottle of tequila and snuck it into the Mercedes garage (much to George's disapproval), we took turns doing at least four or five shots of the tequila in George's driver room before going (or stumbling) over to the beach club not too far from the track.

Choices were made, more shots were drank and songs danced to. I only regretted it a little (a lot) when I woke up to Daniel's alarm this morning, a wave of nausea running through me my head splitting with pain. "Stay here until the race." Daniel attempted to comfort me as he pressed the Advil I'd been whining for between my lips, tipping water into my mouth before kissing my forehead. I'd simply nodded when he headed towards the door of the room, red boxers hugging his hips and ass, my blurry eyes barely able to focus on the dimple of his left cheek. I still saw it though, it made me grin when he winked at me, knowing that even through my self-inflected pain I'd be watching him. I almost giggled to myself, still drunk from the night before at the sight of him barely clothed and playful.