Not What He Seems

The Episode begins with an establishing shot of Gravity Falls, late at night. A blue pulsing light glows. Then, a shot of the vending machine inside the Shack, which is also periodically back-lit by the pulsing blue light. Cut to Stan Pines in the underground laboratory beneath the Shack, working on the universe portal. Stan pulls a lever, and green fluid pumps into large, glass tanks. "Come on, come on. Should be just enough to finish the job. (Removes his fez and glove, and without knowing, wipes toxic waste on his forehead, which sizzles and briefly glows green) Whew. Can't be too careful with this stuff."

Red lights flash and a buzzer goes off. Stan smiles and turns to look at screen. The screen reads 'EVENT INITIALIZED' and an eighteen hour countdown begins. Stan begins to read from Journal 1, "Warning,' blah blah blah, 'Extreme usage could result in minor gravity anomalies.' Can it, Poindexter! (Slams journal shut) I've come this far. I'm not givin' up now! (Pushes a button, and the portal begins to spin) Yes, this is it."

Stan's fez floats off of his head. Outside the Shack, rocks float off the ground, along with Gompers the goat. A boat lifts out of the lake. In the scrapyard, broken-down cars and junk lift off the ground, and inside McGucket's makeshift shack, a blue light blinks, illuminating the sleeping and floating McGucket and the functioning laptop which now reads 'ACTIVE' under an image of the portal. Back in the Shack, Dipper and Mabel, as well as Waddles, float off their beds, but sleep undisturbed. There is a resounding 'thunk' as everything in town touches back down to the ground. Y/n is seen having a hard time breathing and trying to quiet Bill's voice constantly in his head. "It's gonna be a bumpy ride, but it'll all be worth it. (Synchronizes what looks like a large wristwatch with the steadily ticking countdown, still displayed on the monitor) Just eighteen more hours. Finally, everything changes. Today."

A draft blows the journal shut.
——

——-
Cut to Mabel, running down the halls, followed by a tired Dipper and Y/n. "Ahh! It's here it's here it's here!"

Dipper and Y/n sigh, as they have their arms wrapped around each other, trying to use them as a place to sleep. Mabel looks at the two, "Okay, so I was just opening random doors - because I'm a creep - when I found something amazing!"

Dipper rubs his eyes, "If it was worth waking up at seven AM for, that will be amazing."

Y/n groans, "it better be."

"Feast your eyes!" Mabel opens the door to reveal closet filled with various types of fireworks in a box labeled 'DO NOT TOUCH!'

Dipper and Y/n wake up fully, "Whoa!"

Mabel puts her hands on their shoulders, "Bro. N/n. We're all thinking it."

Dipper, Mabel, and Y/n smiled, "Crazy rooftop fireworks party!"

Stan marches up to them, "Not so fast, kids! There is no way on earth you're setting off those dangerous, illegal fireworks... (Smiles and bends down to put his arms around their shoulders) ...without me."

Stan pulls Y/n aside real quick, "hey, Kid. I uh, just wanted to say, throughout this summer, you've been protecting the kids and I thank you."

"It's no problem." Y/n waved his hands.

"Well, I wanted you to know, if you ever need my help, asked or not, I'll help you. If you're on the ground, I'll rush over. You're my responsibility too." Stan says as he patted Y/n on the back, "now come on."