For Every Shooting Star, There's A Comet [Finale]

(A/n: You all really didn't expect me to be finished with this, right? I didn't even make a 1k votes chapter. Or put the finale in the chapter title! No one's gonna believe me again, Ahaha! Oh well, this fake out only's gonna work for current readers and one time as I'm writing this so why not lean into it.

Ahem!

Surprise! *Had guns pointed at him* He's the planned real ending, I just felt like splitting it up would have more effect emotionally. Alrighty, let's finish!)

Cut to everyone in front of the Mystery Shack, which is laying in a heap in the woods. They walk up to the door. Dipper punches the door until it comes down. Everyone walks into the living room, Dipper and Mabel holding Stan's hands. "Hey, this is a real nice place you got here."

Dipper stated, "It's your place, Grunkle Stan."

Mabel nodded, "Don't you remember? Even a little?"

Stan sits down in the recliner, "Nope. But this chair hugs my butt like it remembers. Ah. (Looks at everyone else, who are looking at him sadly) Hey, why the long faces? You guys look like it's someone's funeral. (Whispering:) Who's that big guy crying in the corner?"

Soos sobs and turns away. Dipper sighed, "We saved the world, but what's the point? Grunkle Stan's not himself anymore. And Y/n..."

Mabel wiped her dried up tears, "Y/n would want us to jog Stan's memory. There's gotta be something."

Ford stated, "There isn't. I'm sorry. Stan's gone."

Mabel rushed over to the table but soon realizes their scrap book was destroyed. "No!"

"I'm sorry." Ford stated as Mabel slumped into sweatertown.

"I just wanna go home..." Mabel says as soon a day goes by. The town was starting to get back to normal. Construction seemed to be heavily covered.

Dipper and Mabel are seen depressed, Mabel was holding some of Y/n's things in her hands in the living room, "I just...can't believe he's gone..."

"Yeah, I mean, he's died like three times now..." Dipper did bring up.

"Huh? Who? Y/n?" Stan asked as Mabel sighed.

"So you remember him, huh? Well it doesn't matter anymore." Mabel looked at a cane.

"No, I remember something. I remember seeing flames and Y/n fading away." Stan brought up as Dipper and Mabel perked up.

"What?! Grunkle Stan, do you remember!" Dipper shouted.

"Please! Try and make it out clear!" Mabel pleaded.

"Yeesh, okay, I'll try!" Stan closes his eyes. "Something about Mabel's first kiss."

Mabel blushed and sighed, "yeah, that was great."

"No, I mean, there should be...a statue there. Along with Bill's...? Whose Bill?" Stan asked before Mabel and Dipper realized.

"Come on! Maybe we can Unpetrified him!" Dipper shouted and turns to Mabel, "do you know where the spot was?!"

Mabel already had the keys, "come on!"

And so the two rushed to the spot, quickly stopping and looking around, the twins found nothing, "what? But Grunkle Stan..."

"Must've heard it wrong." Mabel kicked a rock, "shouldn't have gotten our hopes up. It's only been a day since he's been gone. We should tell his family."

"We we're all he had left." Dipper explained as the two went silent. They drove back and sighed, "but something's not adding up. Y/n wouldn't just say it for no reason."