1.8

a quick text to zayn was all it took for his two best friends to know he was safe. harry just picked louis up at zayn's apartment and the two were seated in a very fancy restaurant. "sorry, had to let zaynie and ni know i'm safe," the small boy mumbled.

"no worries, doll," the teacher chuckled and looked at louis. the boy was wearing an oversized long-sleeved shirt, and a pair of mom jeans, though louis referred to them as boy jeans. the teacher had dressed himself in a nice suit, a dark green one. "your outfit is very beautiful, did you pick it out yourself?"

louis nodded at the question, his blue eyes full of excitement. "yes! i had to pick something a little oversized because the cast is so bulky, but if i knew we were going to a fancy restaurant i would've picked something more, well, fancy," he whispered the last part and blushed, feeling overwhelmed and very under dressed.

harry shook his head and brushed his fingers over louis' cheek. "doll, i absolutely adore your outfit, prettiest outfit of them all, very proud of you for picking it out yourself," he said and watched as the little in front of him bloom with proudness.

"hello, i'm kai and i'll be your waiter for tonight. have you decided on what to drink yet?" a sudden voice spoke, causing louis to whimper quietly. harry took notice of the small boy and decided to order a drink for the both of them.

"i'll have one of your finest red wines, and he'll have a lemonade, thank you,"

the waiter nodded and gave them both a menu for the food. "i'll bring those out shortly, and take your food order then," kai said and walked away.

"thank you," a small, quiet voice spoke up. louis anxiously bounced his knee and played with his fingers. when he was 12, his doctor diagnosed him with social anxiety. it wasn't as bad as it used to be anymore, but with strangers he gets quite anxious.

harry smiled and took his hand in his bigger one, softly brushing his thumb over the back of louis' hand. "it's okay, darling," he said and watched as louis took a deep breath. "have you decided what to order yet?" he asked to change the subject.

big blue eyes scanned the menu and landed on chicken nuggets. "is.. i mean, chicken nuggets, is that okay?" louis stuttered out and swallowed thickly. he smiled softly when harry praised him for his good choice.

"your drinks," the waiter announced again. he wrote down the order when harry told him what they wanted to eat and walked away again.

harry took a sip of his wine and hummed softly. "so, tell me more about you," he smiled and laughed when louis made grabby hands towards the wine. "one sip, you'll dislike it anyway," he mumbled and cursed at himself for letting a minor drink wine, though he also drank when he was younger.

louis giggled and took a sip, making a sour face and quickly washing it down with his lemonade. "hazza, that was yucky!" he whined and pouted.