1.9

after the nice, way too expensive dinner, the two boys were walking to harry's car. louis was skipping beside harry, giggling at the sound his shoes made against the pavement. "i really enjoyed dinner, hazza,"

"you're welcome, little one," the teacher said and watched as the small boy shivered a bit. "come here," he ordered softly and gave his jacket to louis, who practically drowned in the fancy suit jacket.

"thank you," louis blushed and looked at harry's hand. he felt small, not yet in little space, but small.

"you want to hold my hand, doll?"

louis quickly nodded and felt harry's hand grab his small, cold one. "thank you, da.. harry," the little said and whined when he almost called the teacher daddy. he looked at the ground and stood still when they reached harry's car.

"would you like to go to the park and get some snacks at the store?" harry asked and opened the door for louis so he could help him get in the car. a small yes was heard from the boy as harry got in the other side. "what is little lou his favorite candy?"

louis giggled and made a cute thinking face. "i like, uh, skittles!" he exclaimed and clapped his hands. "can we get that, please?" he said with a small pout.

"sure, doll," harry laughed and put his hand on louis thigh as he drove. "and what kind of drink do you want?" he asked again.

"cherry! like, cola cherry," louis smiled and rubbed his eyes softly. "what about you, mister hazza?" the small boy asked and brushed his cheek against the teachers arm, needing some sort of skin to skin contact.

harry smiled fondly at the boy beside him and focused on the road again. "i like gummy bears and ginger ale," he answered and parked the car in front of the store. he got out of the car and helped the little one out too.

louis his eyes almost popped out of their sockets as the boy saw a small, stuffed bear. it had a light beige fur. the toy was wearing small overalls. it was the cutest thing he'd ever seen, after baba then.

harry chuckled when he saw the boy's eyes. he grabbed the small stuffed animal from the shelve and held it in front of louis. "you like this, bud?" he asked and smiled when louis nodded dramatically.

"i brought my money! how much is it? i hope i have enough money with me to buy him!" louis babbled excitedly and squinted his eyes at the price tag. "oh," he said and shuffled awkwardly. "you can put it back," the little said in a small voice.

"we can't just leave him, can we?" harry asked and took his small hand in his. "let's choose some snacks, babe," he told the boy and handed him the stuffed animal. "i'll adopt him for you," he said, knowing most littles referred to 'buying' stuffed animals as 'adopting'

louis looked at the bear in his hand and then back at harry. "are you sure?" he whispered and bit his lip softly, tears brimming in his eyes, ready to spill. he hated not being able to pay for stuff, and hated it when people bought him something.

harry crouched down in front of the boy and smiled. "i think he'll really like to live with you, lou, so what do you say?" he asked in a soft voice, not wanting the boy to be upset. "i'd love to adopt him for you, bub,"

louis wrapped his small arms around harry's neck and nodded shyly. "thank you,"