A Letter and an Old Friend

An eleven-year-old boy with long scarlet hair in a high ponytail and a leather eye patch covering his right eye sat at an ornate wooden desk pouring over a color-coded map. One strap went all around his head to hold it up and another strip of leather went under his ear and met the other strap at the back of his head to keep it from flipping up. He was also looking over status reports and comparing them to the map while taking notes. His sister, a beautiful scarlette with her hair in an exceedingly long side braid and silver eyes, was curled up in a comfortable chair opposite him with reports in her hands that she read over and made notes within a composition notebook titled "Network."

Occasionally one of them would shift in their spot or ask a question the other would answer in turn. The two siblings were interrupted when a knock sounded throughout the office.

"Come in." The boy spoke. The door opened to reveal a young blonde boy roughly eight years old with a letter in his hand. Terra looked up from his reports as Silver looked up from hers to see the boy shifting nervously where he stood in the doorway.

"There was an owl flying near the borders today with a letter addressed to you, sir." The young blonde walked a little closer and held out the aforementioned letter towards Terra.

"An owl?"

"Yes, sir. An owl. Though it had no direct address, I was told that the owl looked as if it was wondering with seemingly no idea where it was going."

Silver piped up from her seat. "Is there a wax seal with a crest on it?"

"Yes ma'am." He respectfully responded yet again, but this time with a brief nod. He handed the letter over to her when she held out a hand, palm facing up. She flipped it over and saw the Hogwarts crest smack dab in the middle of the parchment envelope.

"Oh, lookie here dear brother. Your Hogwarts letter has arrived, and just like the others for the resident Sanctuary Hogwart's students, no location. Just the name." As she said this, Silver handed Terra his letter. When he opened it, the contents remained the same as any other upcoming witch or wizard from the Sanctuary: a formal acceptance letter, a list of textbooks, school supplies, and in their people's special case: another letter asking for a rendezvous point to discuss more on the matter.

Terra picked up a piece of paper and at once: started formatting a letter.

"How does Grasmere sound, Silver?"

"As good as any for a random town out in Lake District." Terra nodded his head satisfied and continued writing. Silver tuned to face the young messenger still standing in the middle of the office.

"Thank you for your help young one." She said gently. "May I ask for your name?"

"Luke." He answered. "My Ma says it's a noble name."

"Indeed, it is. I see you'll live up to it and make your mother proud." Silver told Luke with a smile. The boy smiled back a bright pearly smile full of innocence and naivety that she wished she still had sometimes.

"Done!" Terra announced loudly, startling Luke, who was waiting for the response so he could send the letter out. "Luke, do you mind sending this letter off for me please?"

"Yes, sir."

"Thank you." With that, Luke left the office to do as he was asked. He was excited to go home later to tell his mother that the Scarlett Siblings thought highly of him. His mom would be proud indeed when she heard the news.

Silver turns to her brother, "When did you set the date and time for?"

"Nine-o-clock in the morning in three days' time." He answered, writing it down on his desk calendar so he wouldn't forget it.