Where Idiots Abound

Terra thought that he would never see the day that he woke up before Silver, but here he was. He stared down at his sister contemplating whether he should do it or not. The cold glass of water in his hand felt more like a bomb waiting and begging to be used. Logically, if he wanted to keep his nuts intact, he wouldn't do it: he knew that. What else would wake her, though? The young male poked his sister on the shoulder.

Nothing. Not even a twitch.

He heaved a great sigh and looked toward the ceiling as if to plead for guidance from above. Terra dragged a rough, calloused hand down his face and sighed once again. This was torture. It could be nothing else. To wake or not to wake the beast, that was the question he had to contemplate at the moment. She'd understand right? If he gave her a peace offering for the disturbance of her sleep her morning warpath would not extend to running his sorry ass over right?

An alarm went off on Silver's phone which rested right by her head on her mattress, startling her awake. She let the alarm play for a moment longer as if she was still wondering what it was and why she was awake: completely disregarding the other person in her room.

"Oh shit!" she yelled, shooting up and scrambling out from under her covers running towards her dresser to rip clothes out from the drawers. "School!" She opened and slammed drawers looking for specific clothes.

"Fuck it." She grabbed a pair of black jeans from one drawer then closed that one to open another one with all of her tank tops. Silver grabbed a black under tank; and in another drawer, a graphic t-shirt one-size-too-big with Fender guitars on it. She grabbed her undergarments from a different drawer somewhere in the middle and Terra couldn't have felt more awkward not being noticed while he stood in her room while she rushed around grabbing clothes.

Terra cleared his throat, shuffling on his feet from where he stood just beside her bed with his glass of ice water in hand. Silver froze: bundle of clothes bunched against her chest and a bra hanging by its strap from her finger. She looked her brother right in the eye and blinked.

"Hi," she said and continued gathering a pair of socks, combat boots, and a hairbrush like nothing happened. Silver then passed by Terra towards the linen closet in the hallway to grab a towel. Waltzing into the bathroom, literally, with a little spin, Silver shut the bathroom door for a shower.

Terra felt like he was already done with the day and it really hadn't started yet. How sad was that? I'm not paid enough for this. He thought to himself. He trudged back down the stairs to the kitchen to start up a pot of coffee. He felt as if they'd need it today. He heard something fall in the bathroom upstairs where Silver was taking her shower. Terra faintly heard her cuss as that something fell; and something about shampoo in her eyes?

Yeah, they're going to need the caffeine today.

Harry booked it past Terra with a "Pardon me!" and began pulling eggs and bread out to make a quick breakfast for everyone. He watched as Harry popped the bread in the double toaster then started scrambling the eggs in a skillet that Harry claimed was his. It was weird, Silver did the same thing. They claimed certain kitchen supplies as theirs and no one else touched them. Most of Silver's stuff was the bakeware. Harry's claim was mostly the other regular cookware. He firmly believes that he lives with weirdos.

Terra sipped his water. Yup. Weirdos.

Silver came down just as breakfast was placed on the table and they carried on getting ready. As soon as they were ready to go, all three grabbed their carry-on bags. Harry's and Terra's were satchels with expansion charms that had all of their school supplies and clothes for that school year. It was far easier than trying to lug around a very obvious trunk with unusual things inside. Silver's was a simple, leather canvas backpack that she shouldered.