Nurturing Relationships

I'm aliiivvveee!!! I know I kept you guys waiting for a while and I do apologize for that. I made sure to make this chapter longer for you little reading gremlins. 

I know you all stay awake at ungodly hours to read on Wattpad and said 'screw it' to a healthy sleeping schedule. But here we go!

Terra honestly wasn't expecting any kind of mail for him until the next week as he made sure that he was not only caught up on paperwork, but also several days ahead on things that would cause said paperwork. Surprisingly, running an underground organization and secret community didn't have as much paperwork as he thought it would. Many of the things that he receives now are updates about one thing or another. Others are asking permission for projects or construction.

Severus Snape wasn't expecting any mail either. He doesn't know anyone to really send letters to, at least, before he got back in touch with the Scarlets. They exchanged the occasional letter; however, their letters always seemed sort of vague. Truthful, yes, but vague. They never went into too much detail in anything. Nothing that could possibly give away their location. The siblings were scarily good at keeping such important information secret.

So imagine these two males' surprise when they both get a letter from the same person the morning of the first day of classes. Severus, of course, kept his transaction with the delivering owl discreet so as to not draw attention to himself. Thankfully none of the students saw it. They were all too caught up in either the unbelief that they were at Hogwarts or busy catching up with friends. Severus recognized the beautifully controlled calligraphy that is Silver's distinct handwriting. He didn't waste a moment in opening the letter addressed to him.

Dearest Severus,

Good morning. I have already realized how uncouth it is to write a letter so soon into the school year; though, I hear that the Weasley twin boys have started their first year there. I also hear that they are quite the handful. I wish you luck in the endeavor of keeping a calm mind around them. I have not personally met them, but I do know of people who have known them in passing.

I have recently made a bet with my brother (though truly I believe it began when you had found us that cold winter's night) of what house he would end up in. I love my brother, but I am asking for a third party to be the witness for me to give me the real answer. I had bet that he would be in Gryffindor. Terra thought he was any other house than the house of "reckless idiots". If he did indeed make it into the house that I know he did, please do tell him that he owes me twenty. He'll know what I mean.

All that aside, how have you been? Has your health been good to you since your last letter? I can't wait to begin at Hogwarts just so that I can learn potions. I can see the look on your face now. I promise I won't work on any potions without your proper supervision. I'm not stupid. Though I have been doing some extra reading on herbology and how it goes into potion making. How the different cuts, dicing, and such affect the potion being brewed. It's quite fascinating, I see why you like it so much.

As a final note, please keep me up to date on my brother's grades. I will make sure that he does all that he needs to. It would truly be a shame if someone closely associated to you cannot perform a simple potion.

With much care,

Silver

Throughout the letter, Severus couldn't contain the miniscule smile that graced his lips. He missed Silver. That much he was willing to admit to himself. She was a great conversationalist and could hold intelligent conversations too. She understood many different things. Some of them she actually shouldn't know whether due to her age or the fact that she should be more naïve to the world. She isn't though. Silver knows many things because she has experienced possibly more things than a grown man his age could possibly dream of.