Prologue

Four people hopped off a bus at the stop and raced each other to their home two houses down.

"I'm going to win this time!" Cried out Ruth, an eight year old girl to her younger twin by two minutes. Ruth had long, beautiful, silky, strawberry blonde hair that reached the bottom of her shoulder blades. Her blue-gray eyes shimmered in determination and she ran as fast as her little legs could take her.

"Not if I get to mom first!" Yelled Leeane in reply. She, just like her twin, had strawberry blonde hair. It was rougher to the touch though and was slightly shorter in length. Leeane's hair gave a bit of a redder tint in the sun. Her gray-blue eyes, because her eyes always seemed to have a more grayish tint, stayed locked onto their mother who stood in the driveway waiting for her children to come home to her from a long day at school.

The twins were actually quite small for their age. Though they are in second grade, they could pass for someone in preschool. It was because they were born premature and small, but their family members wouldn't have them any other way. They loved them for who they were no matter the medical situations.

The other two, however, were high schoolers. They both were tired and worn out from dealing with people they had deemed 'stupid and idiotic' because they were critical thinkers and we're very intelligent, something they prided themselves in.

The male was eighteen years old with short dark brown hair and a very symmetrical facial structure. He donned hazel eyes that always seemed to find humor in everything they saw. People say he's not much to look at but that's because they only care to look at the surface. He might not act like it but he cares deeply for his family and does what he can behind the scenes to support it. When he sees that his loved ones are being hurt, whether physically or mentally, he steps up and defends them with a fiery passion. He stood tall and confident and walked at a brisk pace next to his slightly younger sister by two years. His name was Stephon.

The young girl that walked by him was sixteen years old with hair that nearly looked like literal gold that fell in natural waves a little past her waist. Her eyes, though a light brown, had a golden tinge to them as well. She had a mix between a Germanic and elven face that she and her father saw a very Celtic look suited her well, hence the Celtic braids and hairstyles she tended to wear daily. She was average in build and thought nothing of her beauty (in fact, she tended to deny having any) but below all that she had muscle that she wasn't afraid to use and a beauty that lied in her soul. Her name was Noreen.

Their mother had dark (bordering black) brown shoulder length hair that was starting to gray. Her eyes a dark brown but held all the love in the world, were rounded and aged. She was on the shorter side yes, but her husband and children loved her all the same. She was caring and loving. She was stern and strict. She was beautiful in both body and soul. Natalie was forty-one years old but looked as though she could be in her early thirties!

Their father, William, had brown hair that used to be blonde but had darkened over the years, styled in an undercut fashion with the hair on top parted down the middle. He was forty-two years old with a short, well kept beard and his light, sky blue eyes that reminded Noreen of a shimmering sea, held wisdom. And much like his name sake, was a protector and noble leader. He instilled honorable morals that they followed not out of obligation, but because they agree with these morals. His children look up to him as the main head of house and as a leader and beloved father. His sarcasm and smartass tendencies didn't skip his children (much to Natalie's annoyance) instead, it seemed to be the strongest in Noreen and has never wavered since she learned of her father's sense of humor.

He was home from work and all four children couldn't have been happier.

This little family, though they don't seem like much at first glance, are tight-knit and always have each other's backs.

"Hi mom. We're home." Said Noreen as she hugged her mother.

"Welcome home sweetie. How was your day at school?" Natalie replied, hugging her eldest daughter tightly.

Noreen smiled sheepishly, "Same old same old. I can't seem to get the hang of finding the main idea of a text yet because there's always a sentence that throws off my theory."

Natalie just smiled reassuringly and rubbed Noreen's back in comfort. "Just as long as you're trying your best it doesn't matter if you don't get a good grade on it. Just as long as you try." Noreen nodded and continued into the house as her mother greeted her brother and saw her father standing in the kitchen prepping meat to go on the grill. She sets her black leather backpack in her room before coming back out to the kitchen.

"Do you need any help with making dinner?" She asked, tying her hair back into a bun to keep out of the food.

William looked up from seasoning the marinated steak and handed her a lighter from a drawer. "Could you get the grill all started up? I've already got the apple wood hickory briggets set up in there. They should have already absorbed the lighter fluid so it should make lighting them easier."

"Sure." She stepped outside to where the grill was placed and got the grill all ready to go when William came out with the steaks on a tray and a pair of tongs. They stayed outside and monitored the steaks while talking about their day. They each were drinking a can of Vernors, something they did often to just bond over. Yes, Noreen was a hardcore daddy's girl and she's damn proud of it.

When the steaks were done, the father-daughter duo brought them inside where all the side dishes were already prepared by Natalie and Stephon who tag teamed making sweet potatoes, green beans, dinner rolls, freshly brewed tea, and a cinnamon apple pie.

The twins helped by setting the oak table with plates, cutlery, hot pads, cups, serving bowls and plates, and pitchers of tea.

Everyone did their part in assisting with dinner and after they all sat down together they made notice how they were grateful for the food and what they had. While eating dinner, but still practicing proper table manners, the family talked and shared laughs and stories about their day.

Soon, dusk came rolling in and it was time for every one to rest their bodies, for the next day was sure to be eventful–even though it would be the weekend.

Noreen found that she couldn't sleep. No matter how hard she tried, she just couldn't.  So she reached over to her nightstand and grabbed her book to continue reading. It was the last book in the Harry Potter series that she has read several times over because the amount of books in the house is limited and she adores reading.

She sees the plot holes in the story and wishes so desperately to fix them, but she fears she can never do it alone. Just the thought of knowing something and how to fix it, but not able to do so drained her of the energy that prevented her from sleep.

She closed the book as she finished the last sentence in the story and fell asleep.

"The scar had not pained Harry for nineteen years. All was well...."

She didn't know her brother longed for adventure too.