The Adventure Begins

He awoke to crying. Crying that wasn't his. Crying that came from a female. The sort of crying filled with such despair and pain you can't help but feel as though you want to cry along with.

So he did.

Stephon cried along with the unknown woman. He didn't notice that her crying stopped and that someone approached.

A figure appeared in his sight. It was almost the size of a child. He almost thought that it was until he heard a woman's voice whimper and coo at him at the same time.

Light shone upon the figure to reveal large, watery brown eyes and large floppy ears. The female wore a light brown tea towel around her waist and a sort of light brown cloth covering a slightly developed chest. Her hips were quite a bit wider than what he remembers this type of creature having.

A house elf, his mind supplied. He didn't recall them wearing shirts of any kind either. He knew what world he was in, but where his sister was he had no idea.

And that scared him.

"Hush, my child. Hush. We's do not wishes the master to come. No no. We's do not wishes that." The female house elf picked up Stephon and cradled him to her bosom. He stopped crying.

But whatever the house elf tried to prevent was on its way with heavy, thundering footsteps.

"COPPER!!!" The female holding him flinched harshly, "I TOLD YOU TO KEEP THAT THING QUIET! UNLESS YOU WANT IT DEAD THE NEXT SECOND, THERE WILL BE HELL TO PAY!!" The yelling of a man hurt Stephon's sensitive ears and he unconsciously started letting tears fall again.

The female noticed and started frantically trying to calm him down.

But his ears hurt.

The door slammed open to reveal a grown man with a red beard and red hair. A type of red that was dark, yet graying. He wore a stained white dress shirt that he left unbuttoned and a pair of black slacks. He had a withering glare on his face that was directed at the one holding Stephon. His blue eyes bored into the house elf.

Now, Stephon isn't stupid by any means. He knows he's a baby. How old? He has yet to find out. But he learned plenty about babies and children from his younger sister when she was teaching him how to help care for their younger sisters.

Babies are naturally sensitive to sound and emotions are uncontrollable; therefore, Stephon is going to be more prone to emotional outbursts. Whether or not he likes it.

So when this man--clearly a hostile force--enters the room and begins threatening the one that seems to be his caretaker. He starts getting a little angry.

'First off, you never treat a woman like that. No matter what species or race. Second...he's clearly drunk off his ass.'

The bottle of alcohol in hand didn't help the man's case. Not at all. So he did the one thing he knew how to do. He got emotional.

The bottle in the man's hand shattered and whatever was left in there splashed against the floor and darkened the floorboards.

The man looked incredulously at his empty hand, but it was quickly turned to anger.

"YOU WHORE! YOU FUCKING BITCH! WHAT THE FUCK GAVE YOU THAT IDEA?!!" The man's face was red with fury and the house elf was shaking so bad Stephon thought she would drop him.

She didn't. But her hold got tighter and she brought him closer to her bosom as if to protect him.

"C-cop-per not does that sir! C-copper did not!" She shook her head frantically side to side.