Is This A Prank? Cuz It's Not Funny.

She had woken up to a blank space. Nothing but blinding white surrounded her and she remembered the white room torture technique from her English unit during her recent sophomore year in which she had just finished.

All she had remembered was falling asleep and she found herself here. She thought logically about this and decided that it was a dream. At least, for now. She couldn't ever recall having a dream like this before and it was slightly unnerving because all she could see was white. The silence was also playing a part as well, but considering the fact that she hadn't tried breaking the silence was something she took into consideration.

Well she hated stereotyping and cliché so the standard 'hello' was out of the question.

'Yeah, just like every horror movie. Character sneaks around and says hello like the thing that's trying to kill them is gonna say "yeah I'm in the kitchen, want a sandwich?" C'mon, that's so stupid.' She scoffs to herself.

"That's an interesting way to put it."

The sudden voice startled Noreen out of her sarcastic musings and snapped her head where the voice came from. It was deep and calming-she always loved deep voices, they had an effect on her and she knew it-it came from a silhouette of a person. A male, she guessed.

She rolled her eyes, "I hate it when people don't think things through. No one ever seems to really think for themselves these days and seem to have very little intelligence. A simple hello is too cliché and stereotypical. Why can't people be creative with their greetings?"

"Because, like you said, people don't know how to think for themselves anymore." A familiar voice spoke near her. Noreen turned to her right and saw her brother standing there in his pajamas just like she was.

What many people considered gym clothes, the siblings claimed PJs. They're comfortable and airy, if you don't agree you can fight them.

"You both have a very...interesting...way of viewing humanity." The being noted. Stephon rolled his eyes.

"We spent a majority of our lives observing people and how they act. We are very disappointed in humanity and essentially lost all hope for it."

"Oh dear brother, let's not forget the politics. They're getting out of hand." Noreen threw in. Stephon nodded in agreement.

The being just stood there and observed the siblings behavior before asking, "If you could save humanity in a way, would you do it?"

The pair took their time with the answer. On one hand, they really had given up hope for the human race because they both knew no matter how hard they tried nothing productive would ever get done. Ever so painfully did they know this. On the other hand, if they had the chance—a possible winning chance—to save what they could, they most likely would do it. Why? Because they believed people could change.

Because people always change or they die before they do.

And Noreen knew this all too well.

Stephon was conflicted. He knew his limits and he didn't think he could do this. Try as he might, pretend all he wants, put up every confident mask he could, but he still couldn't do it alone.

"If we were to, hypothetically, accept this; what does this-we'll call it a mission-mission completely entail?" Noreen asked from the blue. She wasn't going to make any kind of decision without proper Intel.

The being sighed in amusement before answering, "You both would be sent to another world. They need help. Wrongs have been made and I need you to make them right. Fix what needs to be fixed, mend and fill the holes that need to be."