No More Asphodels

Hopefully the punctuation issue has been fixed with this update. 

When the start of term feast officially began, Silver had her hands full. Full of whiny pureblooded children sneering away at her. Whether any of the other houses noticed was not a mystery. They never saw anything further than the green and silver. Poor in-house relation concepts seemed to be a mystery to them.

Regardless, she continued to quietly eat away at her meal with perfect posture and manners. She caught a glimpse at a greasy meat dish and other such disgusting unhealthy, stomach flu inducing, food atrocities. She'll stick to her grilled chicken breast, chilled coffee sauce, apple slices, and lightly steamed vegetables, thank you.

A snicker floated its way into her own thoughts that sounded vaguely like her brother. Shooting a glance over at him, they made eye contact. A smirk was dancing on Terra's lips, part of it hiding under the long fringe that he had hiding his eyepatch. Ron was stuffing his face with food flying out of his mouth every time he talked. Hermione was blabbering about all the things she's read about the place.

Silver rolled her eyes at Terra from across the tables with a fond barely there smile. She didn't really care much for the musings of spoilt children that never really had to work a day in their life. So, go ahead and laugh away, brother. Laugh away. A fellow Slytherin not so covertly clears their throat from across the table.

"How did someone like you get sorted into this house? You're clearly not a pureblood, your last name gives you away, so don't try to lie," he speaks to Silver as though she is lesser than him. The said scarlet-headed girl could not help herself but to find hilarity in the situation. This housemate of hers was older, yet she knew that she had more knowledge than he did. She knew more about life, about surviving.

(Because wasn't that what she had been doing all this time with her brother? Surviving?)

"And how would you know that I wasn't other than my name? I could have had it changed? I can tell you the same thing I did Malfoy, my brother and I have chosen that name. We are self-made, which is more than many others of your...stature can attest to," Silver had responded flippantly. Her voice was light and lacked the attention one would place in their voice when they were taking the conversation seriously.

The redness that spread across the male's face brought that tingling sense of amusement to her. She also kind of wanted to roll her eyes, but no. She couldn't, not when she needed to get these children on her side before their parents truly solidify the ideologies. But for now...

"Your timetables..." The soft, velvety voice of her new head of house washed over her. A piece of parchment was placed in front of her by a pale hand. She watched as a finger twitched minutely at the dark expression the owner of the hand caught her housemate giving her. If it weren't for the fact the it was right in front of her face, she didn't think she would have noticed such an action.

Silver peered up at Severus with as open of an expression as she could allow herself given he people around her. He looked down at her and took in the ever slightest quirk of her brow.

"I do hope that everything is...acceptable?" he continued. The boy across from her ducked his head down into his food after receiving his schedule and said nothing more after being caught in attempt at verbally hazing the newest first year. Silver lightly tapped the wood of the table as she scanned her routine for the year.

I had it handled.

A light hum left the man before he walked away. That single sound said everything he didn't.

I know.

The rest of the feast went off without much a hitch. Any further hazing was stopped, but the low-key stares that were glanced her way were not missed by her at all. It wasn't going to simply be a battle of breaking them away from the propaganda of their parents, but a battle of wills.