Once Upon A Sorting

"It's almost time to go."

Silver looked over to the entrance of the gym to find her brother standing with his arms crossed. With a nod of her head, she stopped the punching bag from its harsh swinging and then unwrapped her hands and shins. She picked up a towel and wiped her face of sweat before picking up her gym bag.

"I'll be right there." She said.

Terra took one sniff and shook his head. "Go take a shower first. You have time."

"Okay. Meet you at the front gates?" Silver asked as she started heading towards the locker rooms.

"You've got twenty minutes." Was all she received as an answer before he left. Silver rolled her eyes as the locker room door clicked shut behind her. After a ten-minute shower, that—yes—was adequate enough time to get her clean and refreshed while smelling like a human being again and not some rancid gym addict, Silver looked at the clock as she finished putting her hair in a simple but elegant bun. Eight minutes was all she had left until she had to meet her brother.

Giving herself a once-over, Silver deemed herself good to go and dashed out of the gym building. She channeled magic into her legs in order to run faster and a little into her lungs for optimal oxygenation of her muscles. She stopped off at her's and Terra's house to grab two Glock 41s that she skillfully hid on her person as she was sprinting to the front gates. She made it with one minute to spare. Silver hunched over her knees and stared at her black flats as she heaved, trying to catch her breath.

"Damn it. Guess that means more cardio." She scolded herself.

Terra rose a brow. "Don't you already do plenty?" The confusion was pretty evident in his voice.

"Two miles a day clearly isn't enough if I'm like this after sprinting and you can't say anything mister 'I can run a mile in five minutes and not be winded'. Asshole." Silver snapped back.

"Either either way, we need to get going." Terra told her after he checked his watch. Holding out a hand to his sister, he pulled out a portkey and they disappeared to the train station. As soon as they arrived, they merged in with the crowd so that they wouldn't stick out. They made sure that their hair covered their ears and that Terra's fringe hid his eyepatch from the eyes of the highly judgmental adults around them.

"I really don't want to be here anymore. Can't I just stay and work on paperwork? I'd rather do that than deal with these people." Terra whispered to Silver. He didn't want people to find out about their ears—and by extension their parentage—just yet. His sister needed to crack down on the racism in the wizarding world first.

(Though he has some high suspicions that she'll just say, 'screw it' and show it off anyway for some kind of statement.)

Terra finally got all of his belongings loaded on the train by himself regardless of the weight. He coursed magic throughout his body to augment his muscles and make them stronger. However, he didn't need to use much as he was already plenty strong from all the workouts.

(Something the siblings made mandatory so that everyone was healthy, in shape, and knew how to defend themselves.)

Let it never be said that they didn't care about their community that they built from ashes‒that they built from the ground up‒into the prospering one that it is now. As last call was being made, Silver gave her brother a hug as he did the same.

"I will miss you, brother." If Terra's hold on her got any tighter, she didn't say anything.

"As will I, sister." He whispered so quietly that if it wasn't for her sharp ears, she wouldn't have been able to hear him.