five.

ʚɞ

seoul, south korea
february 9, 2004

the baby boy's cries filled the room, his mother finally able to breathe after fifteen painful hours of labour. the toddler running around the room had found her place beside her father minutes ago, watching her mother's contorted face in a mix of amazement and slight fear as the event went unnoticed. she only thought her mother was in pain, she didn't know her baby brother would officially be brought into the world directly in front of her.

"and he's here!" the delivery nurse gently tapped the young mother's hand, silently asking her to let go so she could go check the baby was okay.

the yang couple were too caught up in finally being able to relax they'd missed dr huang's widened eyes as she scanned the large screen in front of her, not believing the results.

the next couple wasn't supposed to be here until next year.. what happened?

being the most well known doctor in the continent had its perks, including being able to mask any and all emotions she wanted to.

and that she did.

the shock of finding one of the tie markers in the newborn was... well, she couldn't find the right word. the timing with the previous pair of soulmates wasn't lining up correctly, the possiblity of there already being the next pair of companions was ... shocking.

the doctor knew she wasn't able to keep the couple from their newborn any longer, though — she knew she'd have to figure something out later on to break the news to them.

"congratulations! here is your baby boy!" she cheerfully said as she carefully handed the boy off to his mother, who'd barely finished wiping off the remaining sweat from the extensive labour.

the girl looked at her baby with heart eyes, her husband holding their first born up so she could experience their joy, too.

the baby's eyes opened, seemingly casting a spell on the trio as their feline-resembling shape put them into a trance of squeals.

"he is adorable.. have any names yet?"

the parents looked at each other, soft smiles adorning their faces. "we decided on jungwon a while ago,"

"yang jungwon.. beautiful name for a beautiful boy,"

brisbane, australia
february 17, 2004

"one more!" the doctor in charge said from below the young mother, the girl screaming in pain as she squeezed her husband's hand once again.

"she's here!"

soft cries of the long-awaited babygirl filled the room, a tired sigh escaping both parents as the male patted their sleeping son's head, encasing eachother in a hug afterwards. "you did it, love," he said into her hair, kissing it afterwards.

their heads lifted as the door opened after a soft knock, eyes coming in contact with the all-too familiar doctor. "dr huang!" the girl said, the older smiling in response.

"how's the most adorable couple doing, hm? how's jaeyun-ie?"

"as rebellious as always, but sleeping at the moment," the father said as he signalled towards the laying boy's figure, his usual stuffed cat plushie tight in jaeyun's grasp.

dr huang lightly chuckled in response, walking over towards the nurse's station to run the baby under the test, mouth dropping after a few seconds.

no way.

she forced her mouth shut immediately, insides screaming in joy as her eyes traced over the bright tie marker in the baby's system.

she'd lost sleep the past few weeks, searching all over the continent in attempts to find the matching marker to the boy she'd helped delivered earlier that month.

now that she finally knew what families would eventually be matched together, she felt an indescribable amount of relief flowing through her veins. she could breathe.

dr huang knocked herself out of her own thoughts as she gently lifted the baby girl, taking her back towards the awaiting parents. "name?"

"hm.." the girl began, unexpectedly interrupted by the growing toddler who'd unknowingly woken up.

"jieun!" the boy exclaimed, a bright smile accompanying his drowsy face.

the couple chuckled at their son's enthusiasm, looking at eachother for a bit.

"jieun it is,"

dr huang nodded in agreement, "beautiful name for a beautiful baby.

by the way.."

"your daughter has a soulmate."
"your son has a soulmate."

ʚɞ
flashbacks