thirty-eight.

ʚɞ

two days.

only heeseung and dr huang really knew what the final two days meant — and it wasn't pretty. the pair could only wish and pray that somehow, someway, the soulmates would be reconnected in the next forty-six hours.

the woman worked tirelessly, trying to join the girl's location whenever she and jungwon spoke through their minds — but there was never any luck. it seemed as if whoever had taken jieun was also very well-versed in the field of soulmates, as whatever panels blocked the four walls surrounded the girl knocked away 92% of the chip's connection to it's home system.

smart. jen had been so smart. her plan was coming along — she just never thought of how to get jungwon to come to her.

and with how things were looking, that'd never happen.

heeseung couldn't — and wouldn't — stop pacing around the house, thinking of any possible way to intervene and bring jieun back home.

a name continuously repeated itself in the back of his mind, jen? he asked himself what possible connection this name could have to his life right now, but he knew the universe was sending him a message of some sort.

the older grabbed his phone, just sort of allowing destiny to do its own thing. despite the device being set to do not disturb, a twitter notification appeared on his lock screen.

i guess that's my sign to go to twitter?

his first instinct was to type in the name jen, the name appearing with sasaeng, jungwon girlfriend, stalker, and enhypen jungwon along with the account tied to the searches immediately popped up, and heeseung clicked on the page with no hesitation.

scrolling through the account, the eldest was quick to find she was the culprit for how people fully began suspecting jungwon and jieun had become a thing in the first place, as she'd sneaked a picture of them together on their first outing.

bitch. he thought, not feeling bad for the profanity against a woman as the deeper he got through her account, the more he was able to see how creepy of a stalker she'd been to his leader.

"dr huang," he spoke into the phone after the older had answered. "yes?"
"can you find anything on.. jen.. um-"

"hak.. jinghua.." the older said, speaking as if she was being given a message.

it took not even a minute before dr huang found a contact for the aforementioned girl, not hesitating to call her.

the phone rang for a second, jinghua eyeing the phone in a suspicious manner. her mind immediately went to the possibility of it being jungwon wanting to speak to her, but how could he have gotten her number?

"are you gonna answer the phone? it's getting annoying." her brother angrily shouted from his room, jinghua snapping out of her daze before gently picking up the phone, silently clearing her throat to speak clearly.

"hello?" she spoke, her accent giving away her nationality.

"is this hak jinghua?" an older woman spoke on the line, the girl freezing in place. "who is this?"

she wasn't as tough as she made herself seem online, or even in person to jieun — the thought of being caught for the very obvious kidnapping of jieun scared the shit out of her.

"that doesn't matter to you. i have some questions, and i need you to answer them truthfully."

"about..?"

"do you know of anyone named, yang jungwon?"

ʚɞ
+ sawry for the delay </3