twenty.

ʚɞ
three weeks later

the feelings shared by jungwon and jieun could manage to do nothing besides grow throughout the next twenty one days. she was the most beautiful girl he'd ever had the pleasure of meeting, the flaws she hated so heavily about herself simply adding to the boy's reasons why i love you list.

of course, they'd done nothing to act upon their feelings. why would they?

they couldn't even admit they loved eachother so deeply— how could they do anything more?

but maybe today was the day they'd been waiting on for their entire lives.

the pair were sat beside eachother, his arm wrapped around her shoulders, letting the girl play with his fingers with her comparably smaller hands. this was a habit for them.

the large screen in front of them showed a movie they'd been waiting to watch with eachother, their only opportunity to be alone being now. the rest of the members were at the company, busy with their individual schedules, jungwon's having somehow been clear after lunchtime.

jieun's eyes were lost in the production as jungwon's were focused on her. she was like a drug — intoxicating, addictive, hard to get off your mind. he'd never felt this heavily for anyone or anything before, not even when he was on the long journey towards his dream career at such a young age.

jungwon had fallen in love with jieun, and he was tired of pretending like he hadn't. he was tired of putting on a facade, wishing to freely announce his love for the girl sat beside him to the entire world — for the millions of people who loved him to get to know the reason for this happiness, so they could all love her like he did.

yet they already did — she was a part of them, anyhow. he sometimes forgot she biased him in the group, being reminded when she'd squeal or hide away upon seeing his dancing or hearing his singing directly in front of her, and not just from a screen while being separated by an entire ocean.

he couldn't hide it anymore. not from her, not from the rest of the members.

"ji," he softly whispered, hoping she'd hear.

if she did, he'd tell her. if she didn't, he'd hold it in. simple.

however not so simple for the boy when she hadn't heard his almost silent voice. why didn't she turn towards me?

his simple plan flew directly out the window after she'd accidentally ignored him, the boy clearing his throat to speak louder.

"ji,"

her favourite sound ripped her attention away from the colourful screen after nearly an hour, her eyes lighting up with wonder and curiosity as she turned her head towards the boy.

"won?"

his eyes fell to her lips, smiling at the way she naturally puckered them when she was confused. his gaze returned to her eyes, the girl softly smiling.

"can i tell you something?"

she nodded, confirming her response with an mhm! noise.

"you made me fall in love with you, sim jieun," he'd lowered his voice as guys tend to do when speaking to their crush — however he hadn't noticed. he was serious. he'd never been this serious about nearly any other decision or statement in his life.

jieun felt too stunned to speak. her eyes were blown wide, switching between the boy's two eyes, trying to see if he was telling the truth.

she let out a breath when she realized he was.

he loves me.

ʚɞ
+ the way y'all could never guess what's
coming next