thirty-seven.

ʚɞ
violence

"right now" really meant right now.

only three days had to go by before it all went to shit — jieun's beatings only increased by the day, the girl unable to cry because the pain felt simply.. numb. there were no words she could think of to describe how the slaps felt, if she could even feel them at this point.

she hadn't eaten in days — only water mixed with the burning stomach acids she could feel eating up her insides.

days of the second week passed and they both, respectively, got worse.

the duo was weak, they could barely stand on their own two feet — this applies more for jungwon, however, as jieun wasn't allowed to stand more than once every two days — emotionally, they weren't there anymore. jieun had lost all sense of feelings, resorting to just staring at the wall at all hours of the day, trying her hardest to somehow, someway connect with jungwon.

her breathing was shallow as she laid in her corner, body curled into a fetal position as it brought her the most warmth.

the basement felt cold — the air nipped at her skin despite having gotten used to its temperature, the uneven, rough concrete floor tugged at parts of her skin, tearing a piece every once in a while.

jieun lifted her head up as the strange static came back, the girl unsure of where the sound came from. she slapped the side of her head, the noises starting to bother her.

she only stopped when that soothing, comforting voice she'd been dying to hear appeared in her mind — jieun temporarily freezing in place.

"ji? can you hear me?"

"jungwon.." she whispered, then closing her mouth shut as she remembered she wasn't allowed to speak unless spoken to. jungwon?

ji, baby.. it's me, are you okay?

she could suddenly feel emotion. a tear escaped her eye, the past few days her mind had threatened to forget the boy's voice, and at one point it had. it'd all come back to her.

are you okay? where are you?

she diverted the conversation, her conscience instantly returning upon hearing his weakened voice. she couldn't let him know what state of health she was in — it would only hurt him, and she knew he'd blame himself for her state of wellbeing.

ʚɞ
+ hm... what could be next