Mysterious Encounter

"I'm have returned." Mirana spoke in a flat voice as she hung her coat on the hatstand and walked towards the garden.

Each step she took on the pebbled path made a cruch-like sound as she continued walking until she reached a certain area. She looked around, admiring the vibrant and colorful flowers.

Her gaze locked on a person, who seemed to be trimming some bushes, shaping them to his liking. The girl gently smiled and walked towards the person.

"Amazing, these bushes are shaped like animals" She softly said, alerting the person of her presence. He turned around with a smile, his eyes lighting up upon seeing his daughter. The man was her father and also the caretaker of their garden.

"Ah, you're back."

"Indeed, I have also brought the stuff you have asked for." She replied, handing him the bag she was holding.

Her father opened the bag and inspected the contents making sure everything was there.

"Ana dear, I think you forgot something."

"Have I?" She asked, as she placed a hand on her chin.

Her father replied, lifting one arm up and pointing towards his hand "The gardening gloves."

"Oh is that so. Apologies, my forgetfullness must have taken over me." The girl bowed in a 45° angle before standing straight again.

"I am going to go back to the store to get it, I won't be long." She stood back up and turned around to leave but her father stopped her before she could take a step.

He placed a hand on her shoulder as he spoke, "There's no need dear, I can go tomorrow and you can also stop with the formal talk, we are family aren't we?" Mirana turned around and smiled.

"Apologies, it's a force of habit. I shall be more careful with my way of talking next time." She quickly hugged her father.

"Then, I will be off now father." She bowed again before leaving her father to do his own thing or before he could protest.

Mirana exited the garden and returnrd to the front door, she grabbed her coat from the stand and wore it once again.

"I might aswell buy some dessert, hmmm but what shall I choose?"

Unbeknown to her, a horse stood just outside on the porch, and when she opened the door, the poor girl almost had a heart attack as her eyes widened. She eyed the horse and examined its features, it was jet black in color and had three dark feathers on top of its head, behind it was a carriage, but there was no coachman guiding the horse.

The girl reached out her hand to touch the horse, making sure it was real. She looked at the horse's face and retracted her hand. "Uhm hello there, what are you doing here?" The horse responded with a neigh and began pointing its head towards the carriage.

Mirana tilted her head to the side a bit "Do you want me to get in?"

The horse nodded while the girl stood there, still midly terrified, I mean it's not everyday you see a horse pull up at your door. She gently pet the horse's side and smiled "I'm sorry but I cannot do that, I don't even know you or how you got here."

The horse furiuosly stomped its legs on the ground making the girl frown. "Please stop that, home repairs are quite expensive these days." She scolded.

As she was about to tell the horse to leave her be, an image of a black mirror with a hand reaching our for her flashed in her head. She held up her head with one hand as she squinted her eyes.

"What was that?"

That was the last thing she remembered before passing out.