🦁The Usurper From The Wilds🦁

(The updates on this book will be slow due to our upcoming exams and a lot of schoolwork dumped on us, so I apologize.😭)

Episode 14: Magical Shift

After classes - Ramshackle Dorm Lounge

After classes, students went to leave to their respective dorms, while some went to the courtyard to do their own things. But Ace, Deuce and Mirana decided to stay at ramshackle for a bit.

"Are any of you joining this year's magift tournament?" Mirana asked.

"What's a magift tournament?" Grim tilted his head towards the side.

Ace turned to him with an expression of disbelief. "Dude... You've never heard of magift?!" He exclaimed, earning only a "nope" from the other.

"It's a world-famous sport! There's even a pro league and a world championship tournament." Deuce explained.

"I don't think I've heard of this either."

"Magift, short for magical shift, is a sport played by competing teams of seven people. To put it shortly, players battle for control of a disc and earn points by driving it into the opposite team's goal. The team with the most points wins." Mirana explained to the two.

"That sounds like football." Enma said as the other's looked at him with confusion.

"Football...? Say what?"

"I don't recall hearing of such a game." Mirana said in a thinking manner.

"You a big sports fan, Enma?" Ace asked.

"If you're interested, we could go check out the school's Magift league sometime." Deuce suggested to which the other nodded to.

"Oh, man, I just realized that Enma would have a hard time actually playing."

"Why's that?" Grim asked.

"Well, you need magic to play. You use it to move the disc aswell as to attack and defend." Mirana informed as Enma sighed.

"The flashier the magic, the better-it's how players show off their skills!" Ace beamed.

"The main event will also be captured by television cameras and broadcast worldwide"

"Really? Wow, that's incredible."

Grim's eyes lit up upon hearing this, if he joined the tournament then this would be his chance to be recognized by the world, or so he thought. "It's gonna be broadcasted throughout the world?! So you're sayin' that if I were to play in this tournament-and win of course-the whole world would see it?!"

"Most likely. Players who excel at the tournament invariably attract great attention. Both from the pro leagues and the public at large."

"In your case, the magic would barely even matter. Just having a monster like you out there is sure to turn heads."

"It's settled, then! I'm gonna train around the clock, join a team, and become a legend!" He happily said.

"Ah, but....your dorm lacks seven members. Therefore, you cannot enter the tournament." Mirana said as Grim's smile immediately faded.

"Whaaaaaat?! No faaaaair! I wanna be on TV! I want everyone in the world fawning over me! "Squeee! Grim is sooooo cool!" "Did you see that play Grim made?" You get what I'm sayin'?"

"Your delusions are oddly specific, dude." Ace remarked.

"Well, if you can't field a team, I'm afraid that's that. Maybe next year, Ramshackle House will get some new members. But it's not happening this year." Deuce said, trying to lighten up Grim.