🥀The Rose-Red Tyrant🥀

Episode 5: Delicious Varieties

"Okay, now we just sprinkle on a little powdered sugar, and..."

"Finished!" Grim and Ace both exclaimed, finally relieved they were done with making the tarts. Right on queue, Deuce and Enma also seemed to finish their shopping.

Deuce entered the kitchen with a look of disbelief. "Fin...ished..."

"Did something happen to him while you were shopping?" Ace questioned while eyeing the slouching boy.

"He's still in shock. Better let him work through this one himself."

"For sixteen years, I was so sure..." He kept mumbling things that were inaudible to the others which earned him confused looks and stares.

"Yeah, whatever. I'm pretty beat. Making tarts sure takes it outta you."

Cater and Mirana soon entered the kitchen together. The girl had just finished feeding and cleaning the flamingos so she's also pretty tired. "Hello, how is everyone doing?" She asked with crossed arms.

"Hey fam! You look wrecked. Are the tarts done? Ooh, those look sooo cute! Lemme snap a quick pic for Magicam!" Cater beamed before taking out his phone.

Grim saw the girl and went up to her. He hopped onto her arms which startled her a little, but she soon let him rest on her arms while cradling him. How lucky, most of them thought as they eyed the cat.

"What, NOW you decide to show up?" Ace exclaimed to his senior.

"I just came to see how hard my little newbs were working."

"It's tough work if you're not used to it. But there's no better cure for the ails of fatigue than something sweet from the oven! Help yourself to some of this tart." Trey placed a pan of fresh baked tart on the table infornt of the group. The delicious aroma surrounded them as everyone lit up.

"Mmmm... That smells so good. Glossy chestnuts on top, fluffy cream below, I can't wait another second, I'm going in!"

Grim looked up at the girl with a mischievious smile, Mirana took notice of this and gave him a questioning look.

"Feed me a slice, henchman no. 2."

"Oi! Don't go ordering Mira around, you lazy bum! Go get a slice yourself." Ace and Deuce both yelled at him. Mirana carefully took a slice of tart and brought it up to Grim's mouth. As soon as he took a bite, he felt as if he was in heaven. How can a tart taste this good? He though as he smiled contently while chewing his food.

The other boys went silent as they watched Grim being babied by the girl, feeding him some more dessert from time to time. She took a bite of the tart herself and looked at the group with a smile. "It's rich in flavor, yet not too sweet. It's like chestnuts are dancing across my tongue."

"Is that... a good thing?" Trey asked.

"Oh, Trey! You gotta do the thing." Cater exclaimed.

"The thing? Oh... That."

"Uh, wanna fill me in here?" Questioned the confused Ace.

"What's everyone's favorite food?"

"Me? Probably cherry pie. Or hamburgers."

"Canned tuna's at the top of my list. Then maybe cheese omelets, roast meat, pudding..."

"Hmm, I'd say taiyaki." (Since I don't know Enma's favorite food, I just put a random one)

"If I had to pick, I guess I'd say... omelet rice?"

"Probably cheesecakes."

"I like a nice lamb chop with diablo sauce."