🥀The Rose-Red Tyrant🥀

Episode 8: Duel gone wrong

Mumbles and whispers filled the rose maze as students were talking about the people who wanted to duel their housewarden.

"Did you hear? They say someone's challenged housewarden Rosehearts to a duel!"

"Riddle Rosehearts? Seriously?! Whoever it is has gotta be outta his mind. Riddle will have his head off in five seconds flat."

"Still, it's the first challenge since housewarden Rosehearts took power. I'm pumped!"

"You're saying Ace and Deuce are challenging Riddle for the housewarden's seat?! Please tell me you're kidding." Cater exclaimed with worry written all over his face.

Mirana came up to the two seniors with a confused look. "Greetings Trey-senpai and Cater-senpai, it's quite lively here today. Did something happen?" She asked with genuine curiosity.

"Mira-chan! Can you believe it?! Ace and Deuce challenged Riddle to a duel!" Upon hearing this, the girl's eyes grew wide. She turned to look at Trey for an explanation or why he didn't stop them.

"I tried to stop 'em." He sighed as he crossed his arms.

"Of all the stupid ideas... I just hope this doesn't make everything worse." Cater mentally facepalmed.

"We can only hope for the best now...." Mirana said before she spotted Ace, Deuce and Riddle walking infront. Crowley walked infront of everyone and started announcing the upcoming duel.

"We are about to commence two challenges for the housewarden position at Heartslabyul dorm.
The first challenger is Ace Trappola. The second challenger is Deuce Spade. The current housewarden they have challenged is Riddle Rosehearts. Now, in accordance with the duel rules, please remove the magic-sealing collars as they would provide an unfair disadvantage."

He gestured Riddle to take the collars off. He did as told and freed both Ace and Deuce. The orange-haired boy touched his neck and was very relieved that the collar was no longer there. "Ah! FINALLY, the dumb collar is off!" He exclaimed happily.

"Enjoy your moment of freedom. The collar will be back on soon enough. I could hardly believe it when I heard you two intended to duel me. Is this a joke?" He asked with crossed arms and a raised brow.

"Do I look like I'm joking?" Ace questioned with an angry expression.

"I'd never propose a duel as a joke." Deuce reorted with determination.

"Hmph. Have it your way. Let us get this over with."

Cater checked his phone before walking up to Riddle. "Uh, Riddle, what do you want to do about today's afternoon tea?"

"A foolish question. You know that the rules stipulate I take my tea every day at 4 pm sharp." He replied.

"It's just that it's already past 3:30..."

"And you fear that I will be late? All the more reason to end this faster. It appears I have little time to waste. Rather than facing my opponents in succession, I will take on both at once." He stated to both males.

"You can do it, Housewarden! Knock 'em dead, sir!" The students started cheering Riddle on, making the two more pissed.

"Cowards." Deuce said to them.

"Myah. I got a bad feelin' about this." Grim stated.

"You're not the only one..." Enma added.

"Hey, at least we got a plan!" Ace yelled.