Prolog

Ever since I was a little girl I've known I was different. Ever since I was a little boy I've known I was different. Ever since we were little we knew we were different. Mother a witch, father a werewolf. A combination of mates that isn't looked down upon. But their children must only be born as one. Either a witch or a werewolf we were supposed to be. One or the other was acceptable to be. But as was our luck we turned out to be both. Leading to the death of our parents, it was my fault. Led to being on the run with my twin, it was my fault. Leading to dangerous and uncertain futures, it was our fault.

But this must be confusing for you all coming from a world so different from your own. It must be different coming from a world where only humans exist. Or maybe it's not that different at all but nevertheless, let us explain our world starting off with introductions I believe would be best. Yes, that seems like the best route to begin, indeed.

My name is Kymberlee Nightlock, I am a hybrid, a witch, and a werewolf. My clan only consists of my brother and my pack as well. But we are in my society's terms considered rogues.

My name is Jace Nightlock, I am a hybrid as well, a warlock and a werewolf. My clan is my twin sister and my pack as well. Though that might not mean much to you let me explain. A clan is a group of witches and warlocks that practice magic together and are a group, a family in which they answer to the elders. In which the elders of witches and warlocks are like royalty.

A pack is a group of werewolves. They follow a system starting with the Alpha, the leader, followed by the beta, his right hand man, the gamma, who takes care of all the business aspects of the back, delta, who takes care of the luna, who is the alpha's mate. There are other ranks as well but those we will not go into much detail about right now.

Though we should tell you that mates or beloved called differently based on species are destined soulmates. The person who is the other half of your soul and you will love forever.

Cheesy I know, but there is so much more to this world than you may understand and I don't know if we can explain it all. But I suppose we can start from the story of our parents and then we can move on to what we came here to tell you.

Our mother and father were mates. Our mother was a witch and our father was a werewolf. To us in our world is fine to have mates of different species just not very common. They were madly in love and had a pair of twins, my sister and me. They thought I was born a werewolf and her a witch which is good. We are only meant to be born as one species or the other, not both, not a hybrid. But as I grew older by the age of 3 my magical sister turned into a beautiful gray wolf with a mark of a moon on her fur that was black. Showing that she was indeed both a witch and a werewolf. I on the other hand at the age of 3 had this immense pain within me that no one was able to take away. They took me to the doctor and did a scan. It turned out that I had magic in me, warlock magic. I was not able to use it though, but even possessing it made me a hybrid as well a werewolf and a warlock. They had to get my sister. Once her blood touches mine she can take the excess magic out of me to use. But by doing so it exposed us. It drew out a powerful punch that made the world want the magic of the hybrid twins.

Our parents knew this would lead to trouble, to a hunt for us. So we ran. In the process of running a lot has happened. But we were successful in surviving for 2 years together. Until one day we were attacked, ambushed by a group of the most powerful beings. The right hands of all the most feared royalty. The right hands of

the vampire queen, the witch elder, and the demon king. They attacked our family.

Our parents died in that attack. They died saving us. They died letting us be able to escape.

So ever since the age of five, we have had each other. Been on the run and hidden from society. Ever since then we had been very careful to stay hidden and take care of each other.

But this story takes place 16 years after. This is the moment where our life took a turn. This is a story that must be told. This is a story that can change everything if we don't survive.

This is our story