Chapter 6 (Jace)

I leave Kymie to think as I walk inside the packhouse. I don't look around me though. But I can still feel the stares and hear the whispers surrounding me. I can hear the wonders and their questions. Why do I smell like their alpha? Why am I have? Why am I not in prison? What's going on? I don't stop to answer any of their questions, but even if I did they wouldn't listen. I am not their Alpha or have been proclaimed as the Alpha's mate. They see me as an outsider, but they won't do anything. They can sense my power they also know I wouldn't have gotten this far into the territory without permission from their alpha. So although curious and worried they do not stop me as I walk upstairs.

I follow Eric's sent knowing that it would lead me to either his bedroom or his office, hopefully, the latter of the two, because I really don't want to be in his bedroom.

Luck happens to not be on my side today because as I open the door that Eric's sent leads into I see that it is his bedroom. It is huge and in the middle of it lays a king-sized bed that has a silk navy blue comforter on it and fancy pillows adorn the bed. I take a look around his room. The walls are painted a royal blue with one accent wall behind the bed that is a light grey color, His room also contains many pictures of many people. It has all wooden furniture including but not limited to a dresser, bedside table, and a round table that next to either side has a love seat and a green rug on the floor that is fluffy but not too high. The chair set faces one tv whilst the bed is facing another tv that are both posted against the wall.

As I continue to look around the room I notice 2 wooden doors, they look to be sugar maple wood. One must be leading to a closet and the other a bathroom. I walk into the room Eric's sent consumes me whole and makes my body on reflex relax. I go to open the doors when I open the first door nearest to his side balcony glass doors I see that it leads into a walk-in closet filled with an arrangement of clothes and shoes all laid out nicely and organized. I close that door and then go to the next.

When I open the next door next to the closet door I am standing in front of a master bathroom/. It holds inside blue and white tile floors that seem to be porcelain. It has a standing shower that has a bench inside of it as well as a two-person sink and a toilet. I then take notice of a door that connects to another room that has one-sided windows in which I can see the outside but no one can see inside and in this room lies a jacuzzi. What a fancy room, Aiden states sarcastically, him feeling a bit bitter because of all the comforts his mate has has while he has never had anything in his life. But I just roll my eyes at him before retreating away from the bathroom.

Once I do so I feel a presence other than my own in the room. I am surprisingly calm though unlike what I usually would be and that is how I know that it must be Eric. I turn around and see Eric standing right in front of me. Only mere inches away from my face. I look him straight in the eye refusing to back down and I see his eyes shine with pride.

"I'm sorry for what I have to do. I see how close you are to your sister. She is your twin right. And you two seem to be on the run. I can't take any risks here. You are my mate and a wolf it's easier for my people to trust you although hard it is much easier than them trusting a clanless witch. You and I know how dangerous a clanless with can be although I see that she holds her loyalty to you. She is a danger to my pack. Unless she proves herself the pack will never accept her." I see a silent plea in Eric's eyes for me to forgive him for me to understand his reasoning.

"I know why you had to do what you did. But she is my twin, my flesh and blood, I will always defend her above all. And if you kill her I will never forgive you." I say backing away and turning around to not face him.

I feel his hand grip my wrist and turn me around making my eyes align with his and our lips so close but not yet touching. He looks into my state of surprise and shock and stakes it to his advantage before he leans in closing his eyes and his lips connect with mine. He kisses me softly yet so determined to make me see his side. I so badly have this need to just submit to him and let him get away with what he has done. Melting into the kiss for a few moments before images of my sister being forced away and the pain of being separated from her coursed through me making me disconnect our lips by pushing him away.

"You may not kiss me and try to wash this all away." my face is shakey as I speak and I am unable to look into his eyes. His hand softly moves to my face and I feel shots of electricity fill me completely before I look up into his eye.

"Please forgive me, I just needed you to see how much I care and want you here." Eric steps away from me giving me my space. "You should take a shower, my love. You can wear anything of mine, I believe we are close to the same size they should fit you well. I now must attend to preparations and then met your sister to tell her about the trail." Eric starts to leave the room and before he exits and closes the door he looks behind him and gives me one final flash of a smile before disappearing from my view.

I keep looking at the door where he exited. My mind was lost in thought. And then I feel Aiden before he speaks, Mate is really trying. Can't we give him a chance? Kymie and Crystal would want us to find out happiness. We can't do that without giving him a chance. Kym will be able to pass the trail with all our power together she is unstoppable you and I both know that.

I think about it for a moment. And then I come to the realization that Aiden is right. About more than one thing. he is right that Kymie wants our happiness, he is right that we should give Eric a chance, and most of all he is right about Kymie being unstoppable with all our power together.

Fear strikes me as I realize, that Kymie can not use both of our power together. And I have a feeling she knows that. Fear and anger consume me as I come to the realization she is planning to fight with only the power of her witch on trails that are meant to kill witches. She wanted me not to worry and she threw me to Eric. She lied to me to make me stay with him. She will not show her power because she doesn't want us to get caught. The most she can do is use my magic and even that is a risk. Knowing her she will never take that risk unless she has to.

She put herself through an almost certain death sentence all to give me happiness with my mate. I stay standing in the middle of the room frozen in place as my mind and Aiden do not believe this can be possible.

Aiden and I go through every possible scenario that might make it not so but can come up with nothing. I want to yell at her and tell her not to do it, but even I know that it is too late. She took the challenge she can not back down. I can't push her down now with all my worry. I can only pray to the goddess for Kymie to survive the trails even if it's all on her own.

"Stay safe sister," I whisper even though I know she can not hear me.