Chapter 5 (Kym)

As time passes by I star out at the sky. I block Crystal from communicating with me. Blocking my mind from her is my safest bet to not think about my, our, Jace's mate. But I can still feel her emotions trying to breakthrough. I close my eyes to focus on my bond with Jace and I feel his power flow through me as well as all his emotions. His fear, his love for me, his care for his mate, his inner struggle. He doesn't block his emotions from me or anything really. We have never blocked the other out of our minds. He if he wanted to would always have full access to my mind as I his. Though our thoughts will never flow into each other thank the goddess that it doesn't work that way.

I feel guilty as I purposely block my emotions from Jace. I have never done that before, but I have to now. Mostly during these trials. I can't have him figuring out that Eric is my mate as well. That would ruin everything for him.

As I focus on blocking just my emotions from Jace I accidentally lost my focus on keeping Crystal back. But I must be lucky because the moment Crystal was able to gain access to my mind I was able to block Jace from all my emotions.

I hear Crystal's soft whimpers echo through my head bringing me to be filled with sorrow. She still doesn't realize that the block is off and that she can speak to me. I know I can't block her as well as Jace at the same time. At least not as of now when I'm just running on low.

Once Crystal notices that she can feel my emotions and hear my thoughts as wolf spirits can do when having open access to their human she slowly calms down from her whimpers that break my heart. Why can't we have him Kym, Eric is our mate too. When I hear her speak I feel how broken she is.

You know as well as I do that Eric can only mate with Jace and Aiden or us. You and I both also agree that we don't want to ruin their chance at happiness it is for the best. I try to reason with Crystal so she can understand the position we were put in. It was either we sacrifice our chance at love, Jace sacrifices his, or we fight against each other for the chance of love.

Don't we deserve a chance of happiness though? Why can't we both have him? Why can't you and I have him instead of Jace? This is so unfair Kymie and you know that. You should at least let our mate choose who he wants. Irritation starts to consume me the feeling both coming from Crystal as well as from me, but for two different reasons.

You know why we can't do that Crystal. We have already taken everything from him we can't take this chance away from him. We took away our parents from him. We took away his freedom. We have taken so much away. It has always been our fault when he was hurt. It was our fault that they found out we were hybrids. We have taken and taken and taken and he always stayed there. It is always our fault but he was always there. So we need to make sacrifices. You know this as much as I do. We take away his nightmares and adopt them as our own. We take away his pain and help him with his magic. We hide our scents and we will now make the biggest sacrifice. We will let him have our mate who is his mate too. We will give him happiness even if we die from it. But you and I both know we don't die from it. As long as his heart beats strong and happiness consumes him we will be contemptuous. You know this is not the biggest sacrifice we may have to commit. You and I both know that we are the reason they always find us. We are the reason we always have to run. We can't take our mate because we must sacrifice our happiness for the greater good. For our mate and for our twin. You know this as much as I do. I practically yell at her, but surprisingly instead of yelling a sob leaves my lips.

Crystal stays quiet for a moment before she finally whispers, I know, it just hurts so much. She then stays silent and goes to the back of my head whimpering quietly in sorrow.

Once I feel here reserved in the back of my head I focus back on my surroundings. It is quite peaceful here surprisingly. I can see the animals crossing and hear the wind blowing. I can feel the breath against my skin and see the sun move as time passes. I wonder what Jacew is doing. Is he well? Is he staying strong? Is he bonding with his mate? And then I wonder about the trails. What are they? What will they be like?

And if by a miracle I feel Jace in my head to speak with me. I open the mindlink but make sure to leave my emotions hidden from him. Then I hear his voice trickle into my head, Your first trial is in 3 hours. I could not figure out what it is but it could take anywhere from minutes to days to complete. Be careful my dear sister and remember my magic is your magic and my power is your power.

I give him a smirk before realizing after a moment that he can't sense it so I concentrate to let him sense that and only that before I close that off and say, Then let the games begin my brother, we will beat them as one even at this length apart.

I feel this anxiety fill me, but I also feel his pride. He knows that I can do it. He believes in me. I know I can do it. As long as I have him I can always do anything. As long as I have him.

I stand up and start walking around the witch trap. Thinking about the world we are in. A planet called earth, but different from many versions of it throughout the multiverses, but the only one I care about. It's crazy though how the moon goddess created us, created this earth, created our mates and our lives, but still gave us free will. I shake my head not wanting to think about that at this time. This is not the time for thinking about our beginning and how it all started and will end. Right now I must focus on how to pass these trails and what they are.

My first trial is in 3 hours. What a short amount of time. It is a miracle that they are preparing it so fast when they usually wait for the competitor to be weakened by lack of food and interaction with creatures so that they have to fight harder and lose faster. Maybe they are doing it fast because they want a show this time. Or maybe it's because of Eric. Maybe he can feel, no that can't be. A deep long sigh leaves my lips before I close my eyes focusing on my other senses besides sight. Knowing that it is good to sometimes just space out but at the same time be so intuned to the world what you become a part of it.

The hours pass by quickly without me noticing how fast they went. But I can feel a strong energy moving close to me. I start sniffing the air and the scent of my mate wafts through my nostrils stirring Crystal back to life, but I hold her back and make sure my spell is still up even with Jace's magic being used. Once I verify that it is still working I keep my face emotionless. Not letting anything slide. I can't have him affect me. I need to be strong. I focus on remaining calm before turning around and coming face to face with Eric.