Chapter 16 (Jace)

I walk inside the house and then I smell the air to be able to detect Kymie's scent. As I do so I find her sandalwood rose scent filling my scenes. I follow the scent making sure not to bump into anymore and realize once I'm standing in front of the room given to me that Eric must have brought her here to rest. But knowing Kymie she probably is looking around the room analyzing every aspect of the room after her taking an hour long shower. I smile at myself imagining my sister on the floor looking at every aspect of the carpet for something suspicious.

When I enter the room instead of seeing Kymie looking around the room. I see her in the bed, her body sunk into the mattress and covered by blankets making her look like a cute little burrito. I laugh a little at the thought and I move to the bed and sit next to her which shifts the bed slightly. Which would usually wake her up immediately since she is a light sleeper, but this time it didn't wake her up.

I watch for a little while she sleeps soundly. She looks as if you are in the most peaceful place in the world. I really don't want to wake her up because it has been years since she can sleep like this or even at all. But sadly I have to wake her up for our discussion with Eric. I softly put my hands on her arm and shake her softly whilst whispering, "Kymie wake up, you have to go get ready. We need to go meet up with Eric." I feel Kymie stirr before her eyes fluttering open and once she spots me a smile appears on her face.

She moves to sit up in the bed and I give her space as she stretches. "I'm going to take a quick shower and I'm going to borrow some of your clothes since I haven't washed the two outfits that I own and it seems like Eric has spoiled you with a whole closet of clothes." Kymie giggles as she moves her legs and has her legs hanging off the edge of the bed before she jumps off to go to the bathroom connected to my room.

I looked at her surprised, expecting her to have seen that there were clothes in the walk-in closet for her as well. Half the closet was filled with my clothes and the other half with clothes that Eric bought for her. Instead of stopping her, I called out, "I'll bring the clothes for you to the bathroom let me choose something that will fit you." I hear Kymie call out alright once she enters the bathroom and then I get out of bed to go into the closet and go to choose an outfit that I know she will like.

Once I enter the closest the first thing I do is open a drawer and grab her a pair of undergarments as well as socks. I then go and grab her a pair of navy blue high-waisted jeggings. She hates leggings because she says they are too thin and then she also hates jeans because she says they are too stiff, but She loves jeggings because they are the perfect middle. I then go and grab her long sleeve dark green mock neck shirt as well as one of my black sweaters. She always prefers to wear my sweaters. I know it comforts her because of our twin bond.

When I have the outfit all set I fold it all into a neat pile and then I listen outside of the bathroom door to make sure she is still in the shower. Once I hear the sound of the water running I open the bathroom door and place the clothes in their neat pile on a table that was next to the shower. I also placed a towel next to the clothes for easier access and then told her, "I left your clothes in here. I'm going to the bedroom to change. I look down at my clothes as I grab a pair of jeans and a black v-neck shirt to wear. As I look at my clothes I see that they do not look like any of the clothes that were bought for me or that I owned. Nor do I remember putting them on. I just shrug it off as I change into the new clothes and brush up my hair.

As I brush up my hair I find a piece of dried-up mud and look at it confused. When we get back I really need to wash my hair. After about 10 minutes I hear Kymie getting out of the bathroom. "I guess the big bad alpha decided to get me some clothes too then. And thanks for your sweatshirt." Kymie smiled at me as she walked toward me. "So where are we headed for this meeting?" She asks as she starts leading the way out the door and putting on her pair of thirsty black combat boots.

I follow her out the door as I speak, "We are going to Sugar Plum Lake I believe." She stands back to let me lead the way to the lake expecting me to know the direction to it which thankfully I do. We walked for about another 15 minutes before getting to the lake and Eric was already there to meet us.

I see as Eric turns around and his ocean blue eyes look at us sadly. What's wrong with mate? Aiden asked.

I don't know Aiden. I continue to walk with Kymie towards Eric. As we walk closer to Eric I feel something strange. I start feeling light-headed, but not like I was going to faint. My brain felt like it was blurring and my connection with Aiden felt so far away. So to stay in the moment I focus on my bond with the two people with me, but I can't connect with Kymie. Worry starts to consume me and I look at Kymie and she seems complete alright just with worry lacing her face as she looks at Eric. I just must be so nervous that I can't sense her emotions. That must be it. I calm myself down or at least attempt to.

"Jace. Kymie." Eric says softly as he gives up both a smile. I look next to him and see a blanket laying on the floor. "Will you come to sit with me? I think we have much to discuss." Kym nods her head and lets go of my hand and she is the first to sit on the blanket with Eric following. I look at them for a moment before going ahead and sitting there as well.

"I think that I need to get one thing straight Eric knows this already and understands, but I need you to understand to Jace." Kymie starts as she grabs hold of both of my hands and looks into my eyes. Her love for me and Aiden shows clearly as she continues to talk, "You are my brother and my everything. I will always protect you and look for your happiness." I know where she is going with me but I can't stop her from speaking because I am frozen in my spot not being able to control what I am doing. I feel like someone or something else has taken control of my body and I try to contact Aiden as worry fills me but he is so far away that I can't reach him in my mind. "Eric is meant to be with you. Our destinies are interlaced, but what is best for this pack and what is best for us is for you to be his mate and only mate as I stand to the side and watch you be happy. Please understand." She looks at me pleadingly hoping that I understand her.

I feel a smile grow on my face, but I don't understand why. I am not happy. I do not want her to give up her happiness. I want her to be able to have a chance with Eric. But the thing that is controlling my body doesn't agree with me. I hear my voice say, "Good, I was not going to give him up without a fight. He's my mate and you let me have him you can't take that back from the first moment that this began. I have created a deeper bond with him and I would do anything and I mean anything to keep him."

I see as Kymie freezes in her spot confused and surprised by my response. Not understanding how I was able to say that and why I said any of that. She hides her hurt as I clearly stated that I would potentially even kill her if I had to. But I wouldn't and I don't know what this thing is controlling me. I try to link her, scream for her to help me but nothing goes through. Something is horribly wrong.