12

The cafe is a side shop that looks onto the busy streets of Cali

The cafe is a side shop that looks onto the busy streets of Cali. The place is full, which convinces me that the coffee must be good. The music is classy jazz. I'm reminded of the 1950s. In my phone's camera, I check out my face. Again, I have light makeup and slightly rosy cheeks. My eyeshadow is delicate and glittery, and my lipstick isn't too thick and gives a natural pop of pink.

My hair is bone straight and touches my back. I look okay. Well, not really. Bumps are forming on my forehead again! Why did I have all that sugar?? I zoom in on the area with my camera and frown. "Why the long face?" Brad says. I didn't even hear him come in. He sits across from me. Brad has on a nice plaid shirt and blue jeans. His dirty blonde hair is behind his ears again.

"I'm breaking out," I whine.

"You look amazing." He delivers the words with undeniable affection.

My cheeks burn. "Thank you." His chocolate eyes mesmerize me.

A waiter approaches our table. "What can I get you two?"

"Two coffees," I answer, while turning my phone down against the table.

"Anything else?"

I look to Brad. "Maybe bagels?"

"Yeah, we can do that."

"Alright, that'll be about five minutes." The waiter jots our order down; then goes to the table next to ours.

"So, what do you want to talk about?" His low voice sounds lovely in this setting; it matches the saxophone in the music.

"Let's get to know each other better." I start the conversation as if at a business meeting.

"Alright. Do you want me to start?"

"Sure."

"Umm...I have three sisters. I'm the youngest. I love dogs; walking them is the best job I've ever had. I'm into gaming, mostly Lord of The Rings, Mortal Combat, GTA, and Call of Duty. I've been playing hockey since the 5th grade and won some trophies. Um...that's all I can think up."

"Guess it's my turn now. I'm an only child. Lily is my sister from another mother. I love dogs, so that's something we have in common. The only games I play are Sims and the PS2 Bratz game."

"Hey, the Bratz game is legend."

"Sounds like you played it before." I squint at him.

"No comment." He looks out of the window beside us.

"You have! Who's your favorite? Mines Cloe."

"Oh, that's freaky!" His mouth shapes into an O. "She was the hottest one. It's freaky because you look just like her."

"So, you did play it?" I beam at him.

"No comment." He repeats.

"You're already busted. And yeah, that's my game twin. I dressed up like her every Halloween."