26

I recap everything to my girls

I recap everything to my girls. I decided to leave nothing out because I'm confused and could use some advice. I mention how much care Jace gave when I woke up. The close encounter on the bed. The attempt to hook up with me. And how he took over my call with Brad. "Oh, damn...he took the phone and said all that?!" Lil's mouth hangs low.

"Yeah...Jace started all of this."

"Why is he fucking with Brad? He can't possibly be bored." Jess shakes her head.

"Maybe he is..."

"That dude has a set schedule and toy factories...he's not bored."

"True...that's like saying he's lonely. Why did he come onto you, knowing you have a boyfriend?"

"I don't know..."

"That's weird of him to do..." Lil grimaces.

"Ummm...are we from the same planet?" Jesse scoffs. "That's not weird; that's hot. Who knew our girl could lure in a billionaire?"

"More like her dream guy."

"He isn't my dream guy!" I snap.

"Babe...you drooled over him for a year."

"I know what I want. It's not him!" I stew in irritation. "Brad is closer to my ideal guy...despite his temper."

"So...you're saying you love him?"

I stare at Lily, then at my hands. "I care about him."

"Do you love him?" Jess repeats Lil's question. "Because that hotheadedness proves he loves you."

"I still think it's puppy love." Lil disagrees. "She'd know if it was more."

"I care about him...that's all I can say for now. I think it could lead to love down the line. Brad was perfect before Jace interfered."

Helen pushes in a cart of four plates of ratatouille and wine. Lil gets up to help her pass out the plates. "I can't help it...I'm a waitress." She cracks.

"It's in the DNA for us." Hel jokes. "Where has your other friend gone?"

"Oh, he'll be back soon. I'll hold his plate." Lil brings two plates my way. "Doesn't she remind you of Joyce?"

"Omg!" Lil gazes at her as if she's an exotic animal.

"Who's that?" Jess is lost.

"Someone who used to work at the club, she retired. I swear Joyce was a baker in her past life...or a florist. She had that kind of warmth."

Helen waves a dismissive hand. "Oh, you girls are too kind."

"You have to be her twin, separated at birth." I joke. "Where's your birth certificate? I need to verify." Lil hackles as she hands me two glasses of wine.