46

"There's no need to be rude, Madison

"There's no need to be rude, Madison. You're being ridiculous!"

"Me?!" I sneer. "You're the one avoiding my question!"

"I told you it's been handled. This is over, end of discussion. Now you owe me an apology."

"An apology??" I laugh hysterically. "You owe me one."

"I didn't demean you!"

"Yes, you did! You did by lying to me like I'm some dumb blonde. Should I dye my hair to avoid that stigma?! All you have to do is explain. Is that so hard?"

Jace groans annoyingly. "Fine...I wanted to spare you. But you keep pushing. I didn't want any more drama. I meant that. Kim is my judgmental, non-boundary having little sister. I invited her to visit, but she's not going to be nice, so I canceled. She's trying to end your involvement with me. I lied, saying my family is snobbish. That's a kinder word. My sister takes after my mother; they're both critical. My father and brothers follow the two hens like headless horsemen. There, that's the truth. I'm trying to shield you. Do you still think I need to man up?"

OH MY GOD? That was his sister?! Oh, I feel so dumb! Ewww...I shipped two siblings together. Eww! "Jace...why didn't you just say it was your sister?"

"Because you wouldn't have stopped digging. You heard our chat. I didn't want you feeling like an outsider."

I step to the bed and sit down. "Oh...so, your sister hates me?" My stomach plummets.

"No...the video has her confused."

I hold my head. "Oh...Jace, I'm sorry. I went total apeshit."

"You did. Why would you think I lost interest in you?" He asks offendedly. "I haven't. I needed you to trust me. Instead, you thought the worst. That wasn't fair."

"I know...I went all psycho." I cringe. "I'm sorry. Can we forget this happened?"

"I'm sorry, too. I could've told you I just felt you had enough chaos going on."

I grin. "I love that you tried to be my knight in shining armor."

"I love how bad you are when you're jealous. You actually went for my manhood." He laughs.

"Yeah...forget that too."

"I can't...it's a turn-on."

"Jace...stop." I snort.

"At first, I wanted to hit you...then I wondered how you could insult me like that. You have balls...well, a pink ball."

"Stop!" I hackle and choke on air.

"A big pink ball."

"Please stop."

"It's hot."

I gasp, holding my crushing stomach. "Shut up."