25

The fucking asshole! Why does he keep commenting on my boyfriend's temper? He can't possibly be that well-collected

The fucking asshole! Why does he keep commenting on my boyfriend's temper? He can't possibly be that well-collected. No one is invincible. I hate Jace and can't wait to get away from him! I wanted to slap Brad, but I wish to do worse to him. Jace deserves a good punch to the face.

The billionaire stigma is true...they're too pretentious for their own good. Did he really leave a meeting just to hear me thank him? That's insane! I guess the rich are crazy too. The only glimpse I've ever gotten from the lot was that they were posh and expensive; now, I can add excessive and mental to the list.

Helen returns to the rec room. "Where would you like to go next?"

"Outside, I need to get some air."

She detects my aggravation. "Oh, dear." Helen twirls the chair towards the door. "He must have said something to upset you."

"More like did something to purposely annoy me."

"Mr. Harrison has that tendency; it's best to deny him the energy."

"That only enables him to continue."

"It does..." The chair wheels rotate on the blackish floors. "But it's a successful deterrent." I'm taken back to the sitting room, to a sliding door indistinguishable from the windows. There's little wind. The calm sea is seized by sun; rays of light illuminate its ripples. The soundscape is better than any ASMR I've heard. The deck is a car's width and as long as a track curling around the mansion. There are no other houses around. This place is the only occupant of the beachfront.

"There are no neighbors?" I look left to right in search of another structure.

"No, they were bought out, and their estates were demolished. Most of them moved to Dubai."

"That's a hell of an upgrade." Helen guides me down the tall deck. I'm about to see how far it drops. My estimate is thirty or forty feet. Once around the bend, the true girth of the estate is revealed. The mansion is a block long...and reminds me of the country club...only it's ten times more impressive.

"Are there any errands you require?"

"None that I can think of." I look away from the extravagant surroundings to eye her. "Tell me more about you. How long have you worked here?"

"Going on 15 years."

"Have you ever wanted to punch Jace?"

Helen sniggers. "A few times in the beginning years. But he's less irking now. I guess because of my age."

"So, he's respectful?? That's surprising. Especially with how he treats women."

"I'm not proud of his appetite. Or how he treats a fresh face. When the assistant was hired, I immediately knew she'd be one of his tallies."

"That's sad...I feel bad for any woman in his vicinity. Even you, he has no boundaries."

"I assure you if Mr. Harrison passed a hit at me, I wouldn't be here. I'd be loaded from a lawsuit, sipping tea in Hawaii. Jace prefers girls around your age; that's why he's getting under your skin. He's interested."