22

"A hospital

"A hospital...right?"

"No...I'm at Jace Harrison's beach house." I state, awestruck.

"Like...an actual beach house?!"

"Yes, I can show you." I switch the call to FaceTime to film the vast windows and the sunny beach.

"Oh damn! That's not a house; that's a mansion! Geez! Why did he take you there?"

"I'm as lost as you are. I thought I was at another hospital."

"I did too. Well, at least you sound better."

"I feel better." I flip the camera view around to smile.

"Good. None of us need you screaming and fainting again. Jace included. I don't even know how he knew where you were. Or that you had gotten worse. He arrived an hour after demanding your release."

"I heard some of the conversation...but not all of it. Tell me what went wrong?"

"You had bleeding on the brain for 7 hours without receiving medical attention. Your doctor assumed the heavy medication was the cause. So, we believed her and kind of cooled down. Then Jace showed up with a team of doctors. They forced an immediate transfer of medical custody into their private board."

"Custody into what?"

"Girl, I don't even know. I didn't like how bad you got or how you went untreated. Jace said your time was running out. I guess his doctors informed him. They're the top in the state. That meant better resources for you. But Brad didn't like how Jace came in and dominated things."

"That I recall."

"He tried to fight Jace. Me and Jess stopped him and made him leave."

I hold my head. "This is all so crazy."

"It was...and scary as hell." Lily expresses gloomily. "You wouldn't wake up after your head went berserk. I didn't like how limp you were...or that I couldn't get in the helicopter with you." Her despair and sentiment weigh on my heart. She sounds so broken.

"Aww, I wish you could have. We can't be apart."

"I know, right? This distance is gonna bring on a curse or something." She laughs and sobs at the same time. "Text me the address so I can come to you."

"Umm... I have no idea where I am."

"The place looks pretty isolated. I didn't see any people around."

"I'll ask the maid for the address when she comes back."

"Geez, a maid?!"

"Yep...I feel like a celebrity." I chuckle.

"No...you're at a billionaire's house that's beyond celebrity level. How does it feel?"

"Like I'm in a staged house on a movie set."