16

"Braddy, what's wrong?"

"Now, you want to talk to me?" He answers bitterly.

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"You know what I mean! You stopped talking to me for 4 days! Now you show up like you didn't?"

"I told you why."

"No, you didn't. You didn't tell me you'd be MIA for 4 days!"

"Yeah, I did. I implied that when I said the tension needed to simmer."

Brad breathes out like a bull. "That wasn't implied; you said goodnight and hung up, which I didn't like. Then you ignored my calls. What's going on?"

"Nothing! I just thought you knew what I meant."

"Well, you didn't explain. I'm not a mind reader; you have to tell me what you're thinking."

"Sorry," I mutter.

"Sorry, doesn't cut it. You can't drop me like that; it isn't nice. It's wrong."

"I'm sorry. I won't do it again," I murmur. "I just wanted tonight to be fun."

Brad relaxes and slows his breathing. "It would have been without all the dramatics."

"So...I messed up the night?" I somberly look at the ground. "I was only trying to make it perfect."

My boyfriend steps outside to caress my chin. "You don't have to try to make things perfect. Things already are." He speaks softly. "All you have to do is show up. You didn't mess up the night. I'm just pissed about losing time with you. That wasn't fun...I thought you broke up with me."

"Why would you think that??" I lay my hand on his cheek.

"That's how it felt. Don't do that again."

"Okay...I won't." I whisper.

Brad's coffee-colored eyes tear into mine with unfiltered affection. "You're driving me crazy."

"I don't mean to." I pout.

He wraps his hands around my waist and draws me closer. "Well, you are."

"I won't be bad again." I move my fingers toward his temple and rake them through his hair. Brad closes his eyes and rests his nose on mine. "I'll be good tonight." When his eyes open, I note how bewitched they are as they peer down at me. The half eyelids and longing gaze is similar to the eternal desire between all the wedding couples I've seen. I gulp and become so coy that I look down at my feet.

Brad kisses my forehead. "Let's go inside." He takes me inside with a hand on my back.

"What are we watching?"

"I have no clue...we could chat until we figure that out."

"While cuddling." I smile.

"Are you hungry?"