18. Everyone's Mouths

The weeks following were hard. I struggled to actually let go of Peter. My mind was telling me that I needed to wash my hands of him, but my heart was telling me that I should go to his house and kiss him. Unfortunately, I knew that our story was not about to have a fairytale ending. He had shown up to school; I have seen him in the hallways. He always skipped math class though. He hadn't been all week. I wasn't sure how his parents were allowing that, but it was not my business.

By that Wednesday, my peace of mind was shot. My brain and heart would not stop arguing, no matter how cliche that sounds. They were pulling me in all different directions, and I was fairly certain I was about to split in two. Carter and Julie talked to her parents earlier in the week. As the young couple expected, they kicked her out. They were in the process of moving Julie in here. It wasn't that I didn't like Julie, but I didn't want to live with her. Dad had started making an attempt to be home more. He also started bringing Eden around a lot more. The more girls that we had around, the more I realized how accustomed I had grown to be the only girl around. Now we had three with another on the way. It was getting to me. I was no longer the princess.

I was packing my bags for when we leave for state two days from now. The game would be played on Saturday, but we'd go up Friday night and come home Sunday afternoon. It was about to be a long weekend. I went down my list packing for days rather than everything as a whole. I always went through my morning and night routines and packed as I did that. It was a sure way to remember everything that I used on an everyday basis. I enjoyed packing for things. It was organized and methodical. It was satisfying to get somewhere and have everything that you need neatly packed. I loved the feeling.

The next morning when I got up, I skipped doing my makeup. I would have to do extra makeup two days in a row. I didn't need makeup. I was just as pretty without it as I was with it. I put my hair up in a pony and wore leggings and a jacket that hung off my shoulder. To me, it seemed fine. Everyone else had a problem with it, though.

"Oh, honey, I heard what happened with you and Peter. I'm sorry," I'm not even sure how many people had said that to me today.

"I was wondering when it would hit you," some girl rubbed my arm in what I assumed was supposed to be a comforting way.

I was so confused. I didn't think there was anything different about me that wasn't there yesterday. I got my hair redone a few days ago, but it looked like my natural hair. I just added a few more highlights and had some retoned.

At lunch, I walked up to Jae in a tizzy, "What's the word on the street?" I asked her.

Jaelynn is like me. We know all the drama, but we are rarely caught up in it. This is the first time, since my brother died, that my name was in everyone's mouth. Sure people talked about Peter and me, but it was never anything we didn't broadcast publicly. We're both private people and didn't share a lot outside of our relationship. There was a rare occasion we would talk to someone, but it was usually Jae or someone who is to him what she and Raye are to me.

"Everyone is saying Peter dumped you for Savannah. Apparently, Coach caught them making out in his office," she replied sympathetically.

"Maybe that's better ya know," I said quietly, "If he is with her, I can hate him a little more. That would help me move on."

If he was mopey about us too, I would have second thoughts about breaking up, and I couldn't do that to myself. We dropped the subject and moved on to what we were doing in history that day.

"Wait, is that one of the triplets?" she asked me suddenly.

I looked to where she was pointing. Behind the gym is where the druggies (aka the vapers) go during lunch to vape.

"Oh my goodness, that's Mason. He just got clean," I groaned.

I hated being a snitch, but this was for his own good. I pulled out my phone and called Eliza.

"Taylen? Is everything alright?" she asked, concerned.

"Nobody's hurt, yet," I mumbled the last part to myself.

"What happened?"

"I hate to tell you this, but your kid is hanging out behind the gym vaping," I broke the news to her.

"Which kid?" she asked darkly.

"I'm almost certain it's Mason. He is pretty tall."

"That kid is dead," she muttered, "I'll call Rodg. Thanks for letting me know."

"No problem. See ya."

I hung up and sighed. I really hated that I told on him, but it was for his safety. Jae and I continued talking. About two minutes later, Rodger came storming out of the gym and around to the side. Jae saw what I was looking at and turned her eyes to look too.

Rodger walked over, and everyone instantly looked normal. They were on their phones, conversing with friends, and not looking like they were just sucking down nicotine through a flash drive. Mason stood up immediately on the defense. Rodger, from the back, seemed angry, but like he was keeping calm. I couldn't hear what they were saying, but I could assume what was happening.

Rodger walked over there and allowed Mason to hand him the vape. Mason refused. Rodger is madder but still gives him another chance to come with him and give it up. Mason refused. Rodger gets fed up, and grabs Mason's arm, and pulls him close enough to swat him. Mason gets nervous and tries to drawback. Rodger swats his butt sharply a few times and looks at Mason's face to see if he is ready to comply. Rodger sees that Mason is embarrassed but still trying to hold on to the last bit of dignity he has. Rodger shrugs and swats his bottom a few more times. Rodger looks again to see if Mason is ready to cooperate and realizes he is not going to get anywhere with Mason right now unless he actually spanks him here. An audience has already started to gather. People were getting phones out to record. Rodger grabs Mason and drags him away. Mason is about halfway cooperative. He knows that if he isn't he will be severely humiliated.

Jae was watching with wide eyes. I was so completely used to their antics, that it didn't bother me. I'll admit the first time I went over and had dinner with them when all four got in trouble, that was new. I was not prepared for my boyfriend to get spanked with a wooden spoon right there in front of me if I'm being honest.

On my way to seventh hour a little while later that day, I was stopped in the hallway by the other two triplets.

"Do you know what happened with Mason?" Bryson asked.

I nodded, "Ask your family though."

"We don't have to. Between you and Peter's mess and now this thing with Mason, our names are in everyone's mouth."

Question for the readers:

What is one chapter that has stood out to you more than any of the others? What chapter has been the one you have gone back to read? What was one that you were heaviliy anticipating? I'm looking for special answers if you please.

I almost didn't update today, but somehow, it worked out that I could. I have had this idea (the vaping part) tucked away in my back pocket for a while. I had planned on it being Peter that was caught, but someone (above) mentioned Mason's nicotine addiction, which I admittedly forgot about. It made sense and I can fit it in here. I think the next chapter should be in Peter's POV. Hope you all enjoyed this update and are excited for the next. Have a great rest of your week!!

Bonus for anyone who is interested-

Whoever wants to go back and count how many spankings are in this series (implied or written), I will mention you on my board, in the next chapter of each of my books, and name a character after you. I am curious, but I don't have the patience to go back and count myself.