38. God Of Possible

Our date went really well. He took me to fancier upscale restaurant and then after we went and got milkshakes in our fancy clothes. I had a really great time and I think Peter did too.

When he dropped me off, nobody was downstairs and the lights were off. It was midnight and I was trying to not wake anyone up. I tiptoed up the stairs and went into my room. The light was on and Ace was sitting on my bed on his phone.

"Hey, why are you still here?" I asked.

"I told Mom that I was going to be a while," he replied.

"Not that I'm not happy you're here, but why aren't you with Carter?"

He smiled a sheepish smile and looked down at the blanket, "Carter and I got into it when you left. I wanted to wait up for you and see how it went though. So how'd it go?"

"It was a lot of fun. We went to a fancy restaurant and to get milkshakes."

"Sounds like a lot of fun. I'm glad you're happy. I don't think your brother will be too happy about the time you got home, but I don't think he will say anything to you about it."

"What did y'all fight about?" I asked, suddenly having suspicions.

"Don't worry about it," Ace said trying too hard to be cool about it.

"I'm gonna worry about it! Why are y'all fighting?" I asked him.

He sighed, "I told him to lay off you some."

"I appreciate that, but please don't fight with him over it. I can hold my own with him and I don't wanna come between y'all."

"Taylen, you and I both know that he could do something about you breaking his 'rules'. He has done it before."

I sighed, knowing he was right. I didn't say so, but Carter could do something about it now if he wanted to.

"Is it alright if I stay with you tonight?" he asked, "I'll sleep on the floor, but I just want to make sure he's going to leave you alone, He was really heated earlier."

"You can stay and you don't have to sleep on the floor," I granted him permission.

"Won't Peter be mad?" Ace asked with his eye brows furrowed.

"No. He knows that you and I are basically brother and sister. He would understand."

Ace nodded.

I told him that I was going to go get ready for bed and that is what I did. I took a long hot shower and washed my face really good. When I went back in my room, Ace was snoring quietly. I quickly put some sleep clothes on and slipped into the bed with him. He stirred and wrapped me in his arms. I gotta say, he's really comfy.

The next morning, Ace was completely sprawled out on his stomach while I was using his right shoulder blade as a pillow. The blankets were in the floor and the sheets were tangled up around his feet. I was freezing. Ace was still peacefully sleeping, drooling slightly.

I carefully untangled myself and got up. I guess I wasn't careful enough because Ace woke up and looked at me. I was really still, so he would go back to sleep, but he didn't. Instead he blinked and rubbed his eyes.

"Good morning," he said in his deep, scratchy morning voice.

"Morning," I replied.

He laid there a few more minutes before sitting up and putting his legs on the floor. There is a brief knock on the door, and the person walked in without waiting on an answer. I thought it was going to be Carter, but it was Peter.

"Hey guys?" he said walking in.

I watched as he took in the sight of a shirtless Ace sitting on my bed with the bed a disaster. I can see the wheels turning but he doesn't say anything. He just looks at me.