34. Lighthearted Conversation (P)

Peter's POV

With everything that happened with Savannah, I couldn't say that I was shocked. I think I knew all along that she was just using me for a good fuck to make Taylen jealous. I wasn't sure if her plan worked or not because Tay didn't seem too fazed. I felt awful for ever falling into Savannah's trap. If you googled the word 'bitch', her picture would pop up. I didn't know what to do to make it better.

I seriously contemplated staying in bed all day. I eventually decided it was best to get up and face the world. I couldn't lay in bed and feel sorry for myself. Maybe Dad won't ground me and I can hang out with some friends or something. Really just anything to distract me.

When I went downstairs, Mom was in the kitchen like always. She gave me a little smile and turned her attention back to whatever she was cooking. I tried not to let her cold shoulder hurt my feelings, but it did. I couldn't blame her though. It was my fault that our bond was ruined.

"Can I go to Gage's?" I asked her.

"Not today, Peter," she replied monotonously.

"What? Why?" My mouth began to work before my brain had caught up.

She turned around and gave me her look.

"Sorry. Is there a reason you want me to stay here?" I asked more respectfully that time.

"It doesn't matter if I have a reason. I said no and that's the end of it," she had turned back around and was back to mixing butter and sugar.

I groaned and rolled my eyes.

"Young man, I must not have whipped you hard enough if you still have this much attitude."

Woah, hold on. "No, you did. I'm sorry."

"Go clean your room."

"Yes ma'am."

I walked back to my room and sighed heavily. It took literally five minutes to clean my room. I took the laundry downstairs and put the water bottles in the trash. Easy fix. I stayed in my room until Mom called us all down for breakfast. I heard the triplets doors open as they made their way to the table. I went downstairs as well.

"Did you get your room clean?" Mom asked with a pointed look.

"Yes ma'am."

"Good. After breakfast, you're headed over to Jason's," she told me.

I understood why she wouldn't let me. I needed to get Tay. That would give us time to talk.

"Yes ma'am. Sorry I forgot," I replied sheepishly.

She winked at me and that was the end of the conversation. Brysonn and Auston were in trouble and I don't know why. I'm sure I would hear about it later. I hurried to eat so I could go get dressed. I put on a red pullover and some jeans. I went downstairs and hugged Mom.

"I'm watching your Life360. You better not be speeding. Be back by 6. Nan and Pop are coming over."

"Yes ma'am."

I left and began the all too familiar drive to Taylen's house. I didn't even have to think about what I was doing. I was careful to watch my speed and made sure I didn't go more than 5 over at any given time. Jason was on the porch when I pulled up.

"Hey Peter," he said.

"Hey Jason, is Tay inside?"

"Yeah. Just holler for her."

"Thanks," I smiled at him.

I went inside and called, "Taylen!"

It was a second before she peeked over the stairs, "Oh, hey Petey."

I walked up the stairs and into her room. It hadn't changed much but she seemed to have more candles than before. She was wearing sweatpants and a zip-up jacket. Her hair was in a bun. She did not look like she was ready to leave the house the way she normally did.

"You ready?" I asked.

"Just about," she took her hair out of the bun and let it fall into its natural part.

"Ready," she confirmed.

We went outside and she hugged her dad. When we got in the truck, I pretended I didn't notice her grimace.

"Come on, you know you want to ask," she smirked at me.

"It's not my business," I replied simply.

"Well, I'm nosy so I'll ask. How did it go with your mom last night?" she laughed.

"She didn't switch me."

"That's good. What did she use?"

"She used the stinkin hairbrush. Do you know much I hate them things? I can't even look at a brush without thinking about having a blistered ass."

She laughed. I did too. It was nice to be lighthearted.

"How's Sav?" she asked, still smiling.

I sighed, "She and I aren't together anymore."

I could see that she wanted to ask why but she wouldn't let herself.

"Come on, you're nosy. Just ask."

"What happened?" she gave in.

"Well, she lied to me. A huge lie. I didn't know she was dating your brother," I told her carefully, gauging her reaction.

"Yeah," she lit up as a Shawn Mendes song came on. I reached over and turned up the radio.

We both sung along as loud as we could. It was simply lighthearted fun. When was the last time Tay and I had a light conversation?

"Wanna get food before we go get your truck?" I asked.

Her jaw dropped as she looked at me, "Uhhh, yes! I have been craving Cajun all week."

"That's funny," I started, "So have I."

"No way," she replied.

I nodded and turned so we could go to the Italian place. Tay always kept creole on her and there is nothing better than chicken alfredo with shrimp with creole on it. It is so good. We got our drinks and breadsticks and conversing comfortably. We didn't mention Sav or Mason or anyone else. We just talked about light things that wouldn't trigger the other. It was a tiptoe, but it was worth it.

Once we had gotten our alfredo, she pulled the creole out of her bag and sprinkled enough on our plates. I blame her for ever getting me started on this. I can't eat normal alfredo anymore. We ate until we couldn't possibly eat anymore. We ate until we were sick to our stomachs. We waddled out to the truck and I had to help Tay in. She was so short she needed help anyway, but with a full tummy and sore bottom, she really needed help. I drove us to the park where her truck was. We decided it would be best to take a walk to maybe walk some of what we just ate off.

We made several laps before our feet got tired and we couldn't do it anymore. I walked Tay over to her truck and told her to drive safe. It was a good afternoon of lighthearted conversation. 

I wish I could've made this longer but I have to get ready for my cousin's wedding. It will be about two weeks before I'm able to update again. You could read my other books (if you haven't already) to keep you occupied while I'm gone *wink*