35. Timeouts Suck!

Peter's POV

As she started to drive away, I made my mind up quickly. I didn't have time to put too much thought into my decision. There was no time. I pulled my phone out and called her as I ran to my truck and quickly began to follow her. I wasn't going to throw this away again. I knew she loved me and I knew that I would never be able to stop loving her. We were two halves of the same heart. Part of her heart would always belong to me the same way that a piece of my heart would always belong to her. She answered on the third ring.

"I need you to pull over," I rushed out.

My adrenaline was pumping. If she rejected me now, I would have to let go. How do you do that?

"Is something wrong?" she sounded worried but I heard her blinker flip on.

"It's fine."

She hadn't gotten very far down the road. No more than a minute. I pulled into the parking lot that she was in and she got out as I walked around to her vehicle.

"What's the matter?" she asked concerned.

"I need you to listen to me and don't talk, ok?" Everything felt so urgent that I was barely hearing what I was saying.

She sighed but nodded.

"Listen, I know I don't deserve a second chance. I know that. I hurt you in an absolutely horrific way. I know. I want to prove to you that I can be a better boyfriend than that. I want a chance to show you how I should've loved you the first time. You are the best thing that ever happened to me and I need to show you how much I love and appreciate you. There is nothing else in this world that I want more than to be your boyfriend. I miss you, Tay. Can we please try this again? The right way?"

By the time I was done baring my heart, I was out of breath and in tears. I was trying to prepare myself for her rejection. She had every right and reason to reject me right now.

She opened her mouth to say, "Ok."

I hadn't even realized what she said when I started trying to plead my case again, "Tay, please. You are the woman of my dreams and I do not want to live- ... wait, what?" I broke into a smile.

"Let's do it," she shrugged.

I couldn't contain my excitement. I scooped her up in my arms and spun in a circle.

When I put her down, she was smiling as big as I was, "Just so you know if you pull some shit like that again, I won't stop Carter and Ace from chopping your balls off. They were peeved."

"Message received loud and clear. I solemnly swear that I will only treat you how a lady deserves to be treated. You have my word."

She gave me a meaningful look, "Are you gonna kiss me or not?"

I gave her a goofy grin and leaned in. She met me halfway and we sealed the deal. This was real. My arms rested on her hips while she was bringing me closer with her arms behind my neck. She sighed contently when we parted, "I missed that."

"So who was better? Me or Mason?" I asked jokingly.

She playfully pushed me. I grabbed her hand and pulled her close to me.

"You're so precious when you smile," I told her honestly.

She responded by pulling me in for another kiss. It was quicker and seemed more domestic than passionate. I missed all the kisses so I won't complain.

"So Nana is coming over tonight for dinner. Would you want to come?" I asked.

She sighed, "Peter, I would love to, but things with me and your mom and Mason are a little awkward right now. I will come over when your grandma isn't there and try to get back in Eliza and Mason's good graces."