25. Like I Should Have (P)

Peter's POV

The state basketball championship was to be our goal this year. We won it last year in Downtane, now we have moved states and are coming for the title for the second year. There was no reason we weren't going to make it that far. We worked our asses off and here we were: state champs! The high of the win made us giddy. We all knew we were going to make it, but there was always the possibility that we weren't. I was glad to have been a two times state champ.

Mason received the MVP award. He deserved it too. He had been an outstanding leader for our team and an even better team player. I was happy for him. He went up to receive it smiling widely. He smiled for the camera once with just him and his plaque and the other with Mom and Dad. After they were done picture taking for him, he walked over to where the cheerleaders were standing. His hand went behind Taylen's head and he brought his lips to hers. She looked shocked for a moment before melting into the kiss. When they broke apart, she looked into his eyes the same way she used to look into mine: passionately.

I felt a mixture of things. Betrayal and anger were at the forefront. How dare my brother kiss the girl I love? I hadn't realized that I was glaring at him until Savannah reached up and grabbed the back of my neck. I looked down at her and she kissed me sloppily. She was quite a bit taller than Tay. She didn't have to stand on her tip toes just to reach my mouth. I kissed her back just as hungrily. I wanted to forget everything.

One thing that I can say about Sav is that she is good about making me forget. Though it doesn't last very long, it's nice not to be weighed down with guilt and regret for just a few minutes.

We go back to the locker room and I do my best to avoid everyone. The air around me is toxic right now, and I don't want to snap at anyone yet. We get dressed and go back onto the bus. I sit with Savannah instead of Bryson this time because I need the distraction. She leaned over to me and whispered in my ear, "Wanna have some fun?"

"What kind of fun?" I asked suggestively.

My behavior was much different now than it was when I was with Tay. I was much bolder.

"I feel like we could get in trouble with a question like that," she whisper and then put her hand on my inner thigh.

I nodded and bit my lip. I tried to not think about how experienced she was. She knew every move. She knew how to tease and get away with it. She knew it all. Her hand moved slightly and barely brushed over me. I was getting hard and staring into her eyes, she knew she had me hooked. I leaned into her and kissed her.

"Hey! None of that!" Came Dad's voice breaking us apart.

I looked over and saw him standing in the aisle beside us. My face heated up as I realized that my hard-on was in his sight. I shifted enough to try and make it invisible.

"This is a school function meaning the school rules apply. There is to be no PDA. When we get back, you both have a week of detention at separate times. Savannah, your week will be first and then Peter's. Peter, you come up and sit with me," Dad said sternly.

Well isn't my life fantastic? If I stand now, everyone will look at me. I'm in sweat pants and I can't exactly do much. I grabbed my hoodie and stood up slowly. I carried the hoodie in front of me so that you couldn't see. Everyone was staring and I was mega embarrassed. I was mad at Dad for calling us out like that. I sat beside him, staring at the seat in front of me, lost in deep thought.

I felt a drop of water on my arm and realized that I was crying. I hastily wiped away the tears, but Dad noticed. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders and pulled me close. He kissed my forehead and I let him hold me. I think he understood on a deeper level what I was going through. It was almost like he had been there himself.

We got back to the hotel and I went to my room that I was sharing with Drew, Gage, and Auston. I rushed to the bathroom so I could be the first to shower. After I showered, I put on some sweats and a random t-shirt and left the room. I went two doors down to Mason, Bryson, and Blaine's room. I knocked and waited on them to open the door.

"Hey Peanut," Blaine said when he opened the door.

Mason stood and I immediately went for him. He put his hands up in a surrender motion and I shoved him.

"What the hell?" I yelled.

"I'm sorry," he said quietly.

That stopped me in my tracks.

"What?"

"I didn't mean for this to happen. I like her, but you're in love with her. She's in love with you. I wasn't trying to interfere with that. I just like being around her."

I was shaken.

"Look, Peter, if I had gotten to her first, things would be different, but she fell for you. I won't do it again."

I didn't know what to do. I backed out of the room and went outside.

Mason would be better for her than me. He would treat her right and never make her upset. He wouldn't let his insecurities and depression get in the way of their relationship. That was a "me" thing. He wouldn't constantly be in trouble with our parents like I was. He would be able to give her what she deserves. I shouldn't be upset with that. I should be happy for them. She would give Mason what he needed to be complete. She would help him overcome his addiction and he would make her feel like she was the only thing that mattered. Like I should have.

Disclaimer: This chapter lowkey sucked, but I was rushing to get it out before we went out on the boat. Have a good life <3