3 - A Player and a Heartbreaker

Enjoy! Vote and comment if you enjoyed this chapter!
____________________________

Chapter Three

I slam the top of my alarm clock with my hand repeatedly as it rings loudly down my ear.

I make a sort of 'ugh' noise when I realise it's my first day at my new school.

My door opens and a wide away Hanna, who is fully dressed, says cheerfully, "Rise and shine, you've got a big day ahead of you."

"Do I have to go?" I groan uncomfortably.

"Yes." Hanna insists, "Now get ready and I'll make us some coffee."

Roughly five minutes after Hanna left to go downstairs, I drag myself out of bed. I put on some black jeans and a white tank top.

Afterwards, I apply my everyday makeup which includes moisturiser, foundation, concealer, eyeliner, mascara and a light nude shade of lipstick.

I straighten my blonde, naturally wavy hair so it is to a decent standard. I run my hands through it and have a good look in the long mirror in front of me.

I am interrupted by the distracting sound of something vibrating. My heart almost stops as I slowly reach for my phone:

Make sure you make a good impression, I'll be watching - A

I freeze for a second or two before shoving my phone in the back pocket of my jeans.

Do I show Hanna the text? Do I keep it to myself? How does A have my number?

Questions swirl through my mind at a million miles per minute, however I shove them to the back of my mind.

Today is about me. Today is my chance to make a fresh start. Today is the chance to show the real me.

I grab my bag and head downstairs to where Hanna and Aunt Ashley are sitting.

Once Hanna and I have finished our coffees, we make our way to school.

"I got a text from A before..." I tell Hanna hesitantly.

"What did it say?" She sighs, sounding quite worried about her 'little' cousin.

I show her the text and she scratches the back of her head, unsure how to reply.

"That bitch is going down," she says fiercely, "A can threaten me but I won't let him/her/it threaten my family."

As we arrive at school, I am welcomed by the principal of Rosewood High.

"Welcome, Aviary, to Rosewood High." He smiles as I walk to his office with him.

"Hanna, would you wait outside please?" He looks her up and down before she nods as she gives him a deathly glare.

After the principal closes the door behind him, leaving Hanna outside in the corridor, he goes over to a filing cabinet.

"This will be your class schedule for this year." He hands me a sheet of paper, which is an assuming has been printed from a Rosewood High computer due to the school logo in the corner of the page.

"Thank you." I smile as I look outside the glass door window to see Hanna staring in.

"You can go to our first class now." He smiles and I nod as I arise from my chair.

Hanna smiles, "Do you want me to show you where your first class is?"

"Won't you be late?" I question.