6 - Do Your Homework

It has been 2 days since Noël Kahn was arrested and we still haven't heard any news.

As I am on my way to The Brew, I   Listen to some old songs that have been on my playlist for a while.

I love to sing and perform. I used to go to a Performing Arts school back home but I had to leave once I moved here.

I have to ring my parents soon, I think to myself, just to let them know how I am. Obviously I won't mention anything about A so I will just say I'm fine and I am settling in well.

As I open the doors to The Brew, I see Jayden sitting exactly where he said he would be.

He has a black leather jacket on, accompanied by a white t-shirt and his jet black, jelled back, thick hair.

"I didn't think you were going to show up." He lays back without a care in the world as I approach him.

"I was going to ditch you," I lie, "but I changed my mind."

"What made you change your mind?" He smirks.

God dammit that smirk.

"I needed a coffee." I shrug and he chuckles a little which makes me feel better.

"So, why did you invite me here?" I ask.

"Can't a hot guy ask his hot friend for a coffee once in a while?" He grins, but I roll my eyes at him.

"Your ego just multiplied," I mock, "and who said we were friends?"

"I like you." He smirks, pushing his hand through his hair.

"Am I supposed to bow down and kiss your feet?" I raise my eyebrows and he chuckles quietly to himself.

"Nope." He shakes his head. "Just take it as a compliment."

"Ok then." I laugh.

I don't know what it is about his smile, but I feel entranced every time I see it, so I am trying to avoid his glare.

"So, Aviary," He smiles, "have you done your homework?"

"We didn't have any." I roll my eyes.

"We did." He insists.

"We didn't." I fire back.

"Fine." He says stubbornly, "You come into class without your homework complete. Fine by me."

"Why are you so annoying?" I spit out, accidentally.

"I'm annoying for you, babe." He winks but, once again, I roll my eyes at his stupid comment.

"Well, don't be." I tell him, which just makes him try harder.

My phone beeps and I panic a little, and Jayden frowns as I slowly take my mobile out of my bag.

It's only Hanna. I calm down and read the text message - You need to come home. It's urgent.

"I have to go." I shrug to Jayden and gather my belongings and my coffee.

"Your leaving me?" He smirks.

"You could offer to drive me home." I raise my eyebrows, hoping he takes the hint.

"I might as well." He jingles his keys with a small smile spread across his face from ear to ear.

In the car, Jayden turns the radio on where Arctic Monkeys starts playing.

I turn to him and smile, "I didn't know you liked Arctic Monkeys."

"Who doesn't?" He replies, keeping his eyes on the road, "Why do you have to go home anyway?"

"Hanna needs me. She said it's urgent." I shrug my shoulders.

"You two seem pretty close." He states, without any sort of emotion displayed.

I nod and then tell him- "She's told me a lot about you."

"Oh yeah," he laughs, "like what?"

"That you're a player." I spit out, unintentionally being quite cruel.

He doesn't reply.

"I'm sorry," I apologise, "I didn't mean to-"

"It's fine." He quickly interrupts, "I've been called it more times than I can remember."

I almost detect a hint of regret in his voice, like there is a part of himself hiding inside that he refuses to release.

"Here." He parks the car outside of Hanna's house.

I don't get out of the car straight away. I just sit there, thinking.

"What are you waiting for?" He asks.

I look at him with a frown. A frown that displays how intrigued I am by him. A frown that wants to know more. Just a frown.

I eventually open the car door and surprisingly, Jayden gets out of the car too.

"I'll see you at school." I smile as I brush past the wall next to Hanna's door.

"Aviary." Jayden says from behind me.

I stop and turn around to face him.

He slowly walks up to me, and I can feel his hot breath spreading across my skin.

His mouth is extremely close to mine. I can feel his body pressing against my chest which is causing a sensation to run through my body.

"Don't forget to do your homework." He whispers, brushing his lips against my ear.

He steps back a little and them slowly heads back to his car.

I stand for a while, but I ignore the things I am feeling and quickly unlock the door to Hanna's house.

Before I can even turn around, Hanna rushes up to me and says, "Come with me."

"Hello to you too, Han." I reply as she hurriedly pushes me into the kitchen, "What's going on?"

Aria, Emily and Spencer are all already in the kitchen and Aria is holding some sort of picture.

"Okay, you guys," I say anxiously, "What is going on?"

"Take a look for yourself." Aria hands over the picture and I am speechless by what I see.

A figure stands in the picture, in a familiar area, wearing a black hoodie and is getting onto a coach.

We all stay silent until a stutter, "Alison is alive?"