14- Jayden and Some Bitch

Chapter 14
Jayden and Some Bitch

"I'm going to get a drink." I head over to the machine at the bottom of the garden before Jayden even gets a chance to reply.

I look back and see him already talking to another girl, who is blonde like me. I roll my eyes in annoyance.

I pour the punch into a plastic cup and try not to spill it on all the people who are crowded nearby.

Suddenly, my ankle dead legs me and I almost fall face first onto the floor...but for some reason, I don't. I feel somebody holding onto my arm, hence I look up to see a familiar, muscular, hot guy standing in front of me.

"I wasn't sure you'd show up." I smirked at him, shaking my hands to get rid of any excess punch that had spilt on my hands.

"You're welcome." He winks, talking about the fact he just saved me from a whole load of embarrassment, "I told you I was coming, so why wouldn't I?"

If this were a year or two ago, I would have been afraid to be in the same room as Jason incase I got involved with some sort of conversation with him, but not anymore. I was ready, and I knew how to reply to his sarcastic and flirty comments now.

"I thought you'd chicken out." I smile, just making up reasons why he might not have turned up.

"10th grade parties suck, though, compared to the parties I go to." Jason smirks, looking quite proud that he attends bigger and better parties than this.

"Oh yeah, you go to stoner parties, don't you?" I laugh playfully.

"Funny," he plays along with my sarcasm, "so, how are you doing?"

"In general?" I question, not sure how he wants me to answer.

"Well yeah, and in regards to recent events." He now has a very serious, concerning look on his face which I rarely see.

"Alison?" I ask as he slowly nods, "Shouldn't I be asking you that? You were a lot closer to her than I was."

"We are doing okay." He continues to nod before he takes another gulp of his drink, "Dad is still finding it hard but Mom and I are coming to terms with the fact she isn't coming home."

'She isn't coming home'. I feel like Jason needs to know about the picture that we saw. Alison may be alive and Jason is coming to terms with her death that doesn't exist. How is that fair?

"Jason, there's something you should kn-" I begin before a panicked Spencer and Hanna arrive at my side.

"Sorry to interrupt," Spencer apologises to Jason and I, "but you need to come with us. Now."

I frown at them but don't argue against their wishes. I give an apologetic smile to Jason and say, "I'll see you later."

As I am whisked off by Spencer and Hanna, I can feel my arm starting to ache again where A stabbed me.

"Hanna, watch my arm." She almost immediately loosens her grip and apologises.

As we arrive at Noel Kahn's front porch, Emily and Aria are standing their waiting for us.

"What's going on?" I question, confused and startled but just as I ask the question, Noel Kahn appears from around the corner.

Spencer turns around but doesn't seem shocked to see Noel who is now standing with us, "Noel knows who killed Ali."

***